18S “paper weight” style cases

Leo Ross

Feb 23, 2021
Rising Sun, Indiana
Country
Region
I have numerous 18S Philadelphia, Star Watch Case company, Dueber, etc. The front bezel is stuck. Most of the offenders are swing out style but not necessarily. I have tried using my rubber bezel remover ,I have tried freezing them to see if they would shrink enough to get a hold of ,with no luck. The front bezel is stuck on the case. Does anybody have any tricks or techniques that will help me remove the front bezel without damaging it ? Please correct me if the front piece of the case that holds the Crystal is not called a “bezel” I will include a couple pictures but I doubt if they are necessary. The case pry tool is laying on top of the piece of the case that is stuck, I hope I have not insulted anyone’s intelligence. Please help!

image.jpg

Skutt50

Mar 14, 2008
Gothenburg
Country
You could try to glue the bezel to a piece of flat wood. Use hot glue and be generous with the glue. Once coled you should be able to get a good grip on the case and be able to turn it. I have removed some very stubborn bezels that way and it has so far never faild me!

Reactions: geo.ulrich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garyray
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-