1880 Ingraham - trying to determine its original movement

oldetymes

Feb 5, 2007
Hi Listers - I have an 1880 Ingraham case that I'm looking to determine what the original movement, gong, pendulum was. It is similar to Tran Du Luy's "Arctic" on p. 272 except the one I have is 14 3/4" high. It is not otherwise shown in his book. I've returned the case to a sound condition, a v. good lable with repair dates of 1895 written on back, thus I'd like to finish restoring to its original condition with at least a similar original movement.

thx.

Dave @ Olde Tymes

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
A pint-sized Arctic? It would be nice to see a picture of the case and the label. That small, it sounds like it could take a movement like those that went into the Doric or Venetians or their later cousins. Possibly a kitchen shelf movement?

tictock

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2008
Lebanon PA
www.11east.net
Country
Region
Dave

I was just wondering what information you found on this clock. I have the exact same clock in my shop that is on page 272 of Tran's book. Mine is the same dimensions. Odd though - every Ingraham "Arctic" I find on the internet is a perssed oak gingerbread clock?

I don't have a label on mine but it is exactly the clock in Tran's book, including dial and pendulum.

Any info appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deeqdacad
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff