• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

1832 Seth Thomas mantel clock

judyshop

New User
Sep 2, 2020
Country
I have attempted several times to add pictures, but have not been successful.
The clock I have is a family clock, purchased by my gggrandfather in Mooresville, NC. It is in bad need of repair. I live in Chattanooga, TN and am looking for someone (possible nearby) to do these repairs. I would appreciate recomendations.
Guy B.

Robbie Pridgen

Aug 18, 2019
Raleigh
Country
Region
The clock I have is a family clock, purchased by my gggrandfather in Mooresville, NC. It is in bad need of repair. I live in Chattanooga, TN and am looking for someone (possible nearby) to do these repairs. I would appreciate recomendations.
Guy B.
Hey Guy, Have you read “How to attach photos to your post “ in General Clock Discussions on the forum? This should help you. I load mine by using the PC icon under POST REPLY. Robbie

Robbie Pridgen

Aug 18, 2019
Raleigh
Country
Region
Such as this FROM PC then Photo Library(from picture omg my iPhone):

View attachment 611566
Guy B.
Try contacting dianemg506@aol.com
She is the president of your local chapter 16-DIXIE of the NAWCC. She may be able to help you find someone to repair your clock. Best Regards, Robbie P.

Andy Dervan

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Oct 23, 2002
Country
Region
Hello Guy,

The clock appears to be in tremendously original condition visually. - I would not do anything to it!

I see two visible issues: flaking reverse paint on the tablet glass and flaking dial paint.

The stenciling is fading, but it is still original - leave it alone.

I would not have anyone attempt restoring the flaking paint in tablet glass or the dial as it will negatively impact the clock's originality..

If you wanted find someone to work on the movement, be really there are very few individuals who really know how to properly work on these 30 hr. wooden movements..

Andy Dervan

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Hello Guy,

The clock appears to be in tremendously original condition visually. - I would not do anything to it!

I see two visible issues: flaking reverse paint on the tablet glass and flaking dial paint.

The stenciling is fading, but it is still original - leave it alone.

I would not have anyone attempt restoring the flaking paint in tablet glass or the dial as it will negatively impact the clock's originality..

If you wanted find someone to work on the movement, be really there are very few individuals who really know how to properly work on these 30 hr. wooden movements..

Andy Dervan
The picture you see is from Robbie Pridgen, not from Guy.

judyshop

New User
Sep 2, 2020
Country
i SENT AN EMAIL TO DIANEMG BUT HAVE NOT HAD A REPLY. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS??
GUY

Andy Dervan

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Member
Oct 23, 2002
Country
Region
Guy,

She might not reply as you and are not an NAWCC member or she doesn't check her email very often.

Post some photographs of the clock or explain the clock's issues, members might be able to better assist you.

Andy Dervan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babs Bakie
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-