16th cent.tower clock in Briedern/Germany

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by Burkhard Rasch, May 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    on a three day vaccation in the mosel valley I found this late 16th cent tower clock in Briedern : wrought iron,originaly equipped with verge and foliot escapement ,later transformed to recoil anchor,count wheel striking the hour,restored and placed outside the church.On close examination one could still see where the upper and lower suspension/bearing of the verge had been.
    Burkhard

2. novicetimekeeper

novicetimekeeper Registered User
    Donor

Jul 26, 2015
    retired and on my second career
    Dorset
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    wonderful, glad they kept it, what did they replace it with?

3. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I don´t know what is going and striking in the turret right now;actualy there is a clock,striking hours and halfs,but I don´t know wether it is mechanic,electric,radio controled or whatever.
    Burkhard