• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

100 Years Old

FDelGreco

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2000
Novelty, OH
Country
Region
Yesterday, July 14, my mother turned 100. I guess that makes her an official card-carrying member of the Dan Weiss club.

She still lives alone in an apartment but uses a walker to get around. She stopped driving at 94.

Frank

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
Great news, Frank!! A very happy birthday to her and to all the family whom I am sure enjoyed the big event.

Robert Gary

Member, NAWCC Board of Directors
Director
NAWCC Member
Feb 26, 2003
Southern California
Country
Region
Birthday wishes to your mother, Frank!

Robert

RL

Mar 28, 2004
Country
Frank,
Cheers to you and your dear mother. Happy birthday to her.

Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member
Jun 1, 2007
Twistringen
Country
Region
I allways admire people of that age still clear in the head and firm on their legs!Congrats from me,too!BTW where is Dan?
Burkhard

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Last I heard, Dan was having computer problems. Most likely, it's an incurable one.

FDelGreco

NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2000
Novelty, OH
Country
Region
Last I heard, Dan was having computer problems. Most likely, it's an incurable one.
Dan is probably saying, "At my age, I'm not going to buy another computer." It's like my 100 year old mother. Her vacuum cleaner broke. She told me, "At my age, I'm not going to buy another vacuum."

Frank

Bill Stuntz

NAWCC Member
Apr 6, 2012
Columbus. OH
Country
Region
I'd be willing to GIVE Dan a used PC. I have several old ones laying around gathering dust. I miss him.
Does anyone have any idea how I could do that from a few hunderd miles away.

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Bill, I'm sure you know how to get it all ready to ship and things like that, but I don't know if Dan could get it upstairs and set up. If we could find someone there in his city that would be willing to do that for him I believe it would be possible to get him up and running again. I have his mailing address here some place. Let me know if you want to proceed.

MartinM

Jun 24, 2011
El Dorado, CA
Country
Region
His mailing address is in the Calendar ordering topic.

Bill Stuntz

NAWCC Member
Apr 6, 2012
Columbus. OH
Country
Region
I don't know if Dan could get it upstairs and set up. If we could find someone there in his city that would be willing to do that for him I believe it would be possible to get him up and running again.
That's my concern. The 7-1/2 hour drive each way makes that unrealistic for me. I suspect it would be better if I ship to someone local. And I wonder if he'd be able to use a 15.6" laptop. I may even have an old 17" laptop laying around. I'm not sure. Or I could supply a desktop/minitower that would probably work with his existing KB, Mouse, & Monitor to keep the environment familiar. I think he was still running Win XP, so he'd probably need some training, too. And maybe someone to transfer his documents, photos, etc. to the replacement computer if his HD is readable.

P.S. My wife keeps bugging me to clean up the computer room. But somehow, it never seems to happen. :whistle:

Last edited:

Omexa

NAWCC Member
Feb 28, 2010
Darwin, Australia
Country
Region
I am very impressed by the concern by members about Dan. I hope that they help him to get up and running again. Regards Ray

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adman953
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit