Month's Goal: $300, Received: $235.00 - (78%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3355 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Cornell watch

wtchman

Default Cornell watch

I recently came buy a cornell wrist watch. It is marked Cornell 17 jewell incabloc . On back of watch it has anti-magnectic shock resistant water proof stainless steel. It has black dial,gold numerals..12..2..4..6..8..10..red sweep hand.watch measures 1 5/8 lug to lug 1/38 wide incl. crown.I don't have tools to look at movement. Could anyone help in identifing this watch.Thanks in advance.

wtchman

Default Cornell watch (RE: wtchman)

I recently came buy a cornell wrist watch. It is marked Cornell 17 jewell incabloc . On back of watch it has anti-magnectic shock resistant water proof stainless steel. It has black dial,gold numerals..12..2..4..6..8..10..red sweep hand.watch measures 1 5/8 lug to lug 1/38 wide incl. crown.I don't have tools to look at movement. Could anyone help in identifing this watch.Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

wtchman,

I was hoping someone with more hard-edged information than I have, would have an answer to your question. There may yet be, but while we wait, I'll take a kick at answering it.

The few Cornells I have worked on over the years have been probably from the 1950s or 1960s, Swiss, of average grade, and likely meant to meet the needs of the an average buyer. The last one I recall working on had a manual wind, AS 1187, 17-jewel movement in a chrome-plated, water resistant case on it. I check my Canadian trade mark reference book and have determined that it was not trade marked in Canada, but where (or if) it has ever been trademarked, I am unable to say.

This generic quality of many Swiss watch names causes a problem in identifying them, unfortunately. It could be the name of a distributor, a broker, a retailer, or a catalog merchandiser, but it is NOT the name of a manufacturer! Hope this helps.

wtchman

Thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate it...Roy

wtchman

Doug,as i stated before thanks. I like to buy the older ones. Sometimes you get a good one that keeps excellent time.I bought an Olma auto. and it keeps time along with my Citizen quartz.I think it has an eta in it,don't know for sure which one. I have really enjoyed the forum. It is very informing. Keep up the good work...Roy