Goal: $300, Received: $115.00 (38%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

View Poll Results: What is the most expensive watch you wear?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • < $500

37 25.52%
  • $500 to $5,000

72 49.66%
  • $5000 to $20,000

25 17.24%
  • $20,000 to $50,000

6 4.14%
  • > $50,000

5 3.45%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: The most expensive watch you wear (was Nardin Freak)

This is one magnificent watch!

Simply put this Hamilton watch has style and character all it's own and only one word needed to describe it.....beautiful.....regardless of price.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Diss View Post
    My most expensive watch is this 1931 Hamilton Pinehurst valued about $5K. Due to number of watches in my rotation, its turn comes up about 3 times a year.

Attachment 155281

Default Re: The most expensive watch you wear (was Nardin Freak) (By: Mr. Time)

My humble watch collection consist of a dollar amount range from a couple hundred bucks $ to a couple of thousand bucks $ and everything in between.

So with that being said the two most expensive timepieces (sorry no pictures) are my Meistersinger No.1 and my recently added Wempe Zeitmeister Chronometer.

Default Re: The most expensive watch you wear (was Nardin Freak) (By: Mr. Time)

I've read through this entire thread now and as a newcomer here I feel like something of a piker. My favorites are three pocket watches, two of them Waltham and most recently an Elgin. I wear these only on nicer occasions for now and none cost more than $120. They all are railroad watches and date to about 1890. I am simply fascinated at having a watch that works so well and is into its third different century of use. For daily wear my most pricey was a very nice stainless Tag that mysteriously disappeared I suspect into the hands of a dealer of illegal items. My favorite is a Seiko digital dating back to 1992 and was expensive at the time. I'm wearing it now in fact. My nicest modern ones now are a Seiko and a Caravelle. The most practical? $30 Timex watches from Wal Mart. Inexpensive but durable and accurate, they run for years with nearly no attention. I have family members wearing some beautiful Rolexes every day but I don't see one in coming the near future.

Rick H.

Default Re: The most expensive watch you wear (was Nardin Freak)

Some days I wear Rolex, others something else. Once I wore a Vacheron Constantin, another time I wore a Patek Phillipe. Not my watches. If I repair it, I test it on my wrist.
    Mostly though I wear a range of Seiko, Omega, Bulova, Certina, Roamer etc, from my own collection. The Revue skeleton watch is the only watch I ever bought new. For a long time I loved the Seiko Bellmatic that I picked up for $20 and fitted out with new dial and extra jewels until I lost it in a peach orchard. Got it back a few years later, rusty.
    Last edited by roughbarked; 04-26-2017 at 04:28 AM.