Month's Goal: $300, Received: $260.00 - (87%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 771 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Marion Kay Coin Clock (1964 Last Silver Coins) - Replacement Movement

A friend brought me his Marion Key Coin Clock because the original movement decided to retire. I am searching for a replacement fit-up movement, but I would like to re-use the original hands in order to preserve the authentic look of the clock. Can anyone advise of a fitting movement?

Thank you for your help and input!

-Ingo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MarionKayClock.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	148694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MarionKayClock_back.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	148695

Default Re: Marion Kay Coin Clock (1964 Last Silver Coins) - Replacement Movement (RE: Ingo Werner)

Looks like any quartz movement will work. You will need to match the movement to the dial thickness. The hands look like common quartz types. Try Klockit. Bob.

Default Re: Marion Kay Coin Clock (1964 Last Silver Coins) - Replacement Movement (RE: Bob Fisher)

Thank you, Bob.

-Ingo

Default Re: Marion Kay Coin Clock (1964 Last Silver Coins) - Replacement Movement (RE: Ingo Werner)

I can't see for sure, but I think your movement might be a self wind. If that's the case, you won't find a replacement easily ... but as Bob said, a quartz should fit just fine. You may have to modify the hands to fit, but that's fairly easy to do.

Default Re: Marion Kay Coin Clock (1964 Last Silver Coins) - Replacement Movement (RE: shutterbug)

Thank you.

-Ingo

A "C" cell quartz will do it. It will probably be slightly smaller than the old one but will look very much like the old one. A "AA" movement will look to small and out of place.

Willie X

Default Re: Marion Kay Coin Clock (1964 Last Silver Coins) - Replacement Movement (RE: Willie X)

Thank you
    -Ingo