Month's Goal: $300, Received: $350.00 - (117%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 546 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default MATHEY TISSOT Pocket Watch FAKE OR REAL ...FADA Industries Inc China

hi i have just bought on ebay this mathey tissot pocket watch the movement is quartz and it says on the face Japan movement and the back inside the case it says FADA industries Inc and Made in CHINA i was just wondering do they make these Swiss watches in China is this fake or real will highly appreciate any light on this mater from our great member's ..
    Thanks in advance and best regards All.
    W.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 111.JPG   222.JPG   333.JPG  

Default Re: MATHEY TISSOT Pocket Watch FAKE OR REAL ...FADA Industries Inc China (RE: tttgroup)

It has nothing to do with Switzerland, if that's what you're asking...it's got made in China written right on it!

Default Re: MATHEY TISSOT Pocket Watch FAKE OR REAL ...FADA Industries Inc China (RE: Squite)

Thanks for the kind reply,so are they real watches but made in china
    Regards
    W.

Default Re: MATHEY TISSOT Pocket Watch FAKE OR REAL ...FADA Industries Inc China (RE: tttgroup)

It's a real watch in that it tells the time, but it's not a real antique if that's what you're asking. It's a reproduction.

Default Re: MATHEY TISSOT Pocket Watch FAKE OR REAL ...FADA Industries Inc China (RE: Squite)

And I would assume it has nothing to do with Mathey-Tissot either .

Unless the firm has opened up in China and is still making pocket watches (which I doubt) then this is a forgery and not a reproduction, and depending on the exact wording in the listing on Ebay you may be able to demand a full refund.

Default Re: MATHEY TISSOT Pocket Watch FAKE OR REAL ...FADA Industries Inc China (RE: MartyR)

Martin always thanks to your help...i asked the seller he said this is not a forgery and it is a real Mathew Tissot but again he is not giving me any other strong evidence to prove it. the watch was not so expensive either the item no is as follows
    The back case FADA Industries Inc is also a question mark if it is a real Tissot then why it does not have a marking there..

I had a very quick look at the Mathey-Tissot website, and it seems that they only make wristwatches now ... but I didn't spend much time on their site so I may have missed something. Certainly I saw nothing to suggest that they manufacture in China, or that they manufacture pocket watches at all..

You could email a couple of phoitos to them and ask them. If as I suspect this is indeed a forgery then they will be very interested to know they exist! Either way, they should be able to tell you immediately.

Registered user.

Default Re: MATHEY TISSOT Pocket Watch FAKE OR REAL ...FADA Industries Inc China (RE: MartyR)

all I could find.

Fada Industries, Inc. engages in designing and marketing watches to the mass merchandisers and department store channels. It offers watches with design-oriented licensed names, including Wrangler, Gloria Vanderbilt, Kenneth Cole, Gitano, Gloria Vanderbilt, Converse, Sierra Club, Sasson, and Futura. The company was founded in 1976 and is based in Long Island City, New York. As per the transaction announced in July 2000, Fada Industries, Inc. is a subsidiary of The Geneva Watch Group, Inc.

47-50 33rd Street
    Long Island City,

closed down and bought out by the Geneva Watch group http://www.genevawatchgroup.com/

both companies source their components from asia.

and this..

http://www.trademarken.com/trademark...O#.UHgGPxImGqQ

no idea how it all relates to the Swiss company

http://www.mathey-tissot.net/matheyt...mid=88&lang=en

Default Re: MATHEY TISSOT Pocket Watch FAKE OR REAL ...FADA Industries Inc China (RE: dAz57)

I thanks a lot to all the members for sharing their valuable time and information ..I guess the idea is to know more and be safe in our transaction in case a similar situation comes ..Dear Martin I have upon your advise already contacted the Mathey Tissot but unfortunately still waiting for their reply...lets see what they have to say.
    Thanks dAz57 for valuable info on FADA Inc and I will be looking forward to hear form you all ...
    Best regards
    W.