Month's Goal: $300, Received: $140.00 - (47%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 4916 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
    Barry G

Default Burlington Watch Company

In brief, the "Burlington Watch Company" was a mail order company that sold Illinois watches. In other words, "Burlington Watch Company" watches are private label Illinois watches. The serial numbers can be looked up under Illinois Watch Company in any of the standard books, and these watches will be listed as "Burlington Watch Company" grades under the Illinois Watch Company listings.

I'm sure otehrs here can give you tons more information, but that should get you going I hope.

Regards,

Barry

------------------
    My Online Pocket Watch Collection

Default Burlington Watch Company (RE: Barry G)

David:

There is one exception to what Barry wrote and that is that a small number of high grade Burlington watches were made in Switzerland by Henry Moser. These show up occasionally.

Burlington advertised heavily in the railroad brotherhood magazines. I've re-posted several of their ads, the Open-Face Burlington Special, the Hunting-Case Burlington Special and a document explaining what the "Trust" is that is mentioned in these ads.

Kent
    Kent
    That guy down in Georgia

Rick White

Default Burlington Watch Company (RE: Barry G)

Here are links to a couple of earlier threads on Burlington watches I found by using the search function above http://www.nawcc.org/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000711.html and here, http://www.nawcc.org/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000559.html

------------------
    Rick White
    Pocket Watches Moderator