Thread: Ithaca Calendar Clock
07-24-2012, 01:13 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Lancaster, PA
Ithaca Calendar Clock
Ithaca Calendar Clock (Farmers model)
Stolen last weekend (7/19-20/2012) from Mount Holly Springs, PA
Distinguishing characteristics concerning this clock:
1) The lower dial (the calendar dial) has a discoloration on the lower third of the dial as if it got wet at some point in its history.
2) Upon removing the back of the clock and examining the calendar movement I had placed a small fishing weight on the arm which controls the Sunday, Monday, etc. roller. This is the arm that prevents the roller from moving forward any more than one day at a time.
3. The latch hook on the case for the door will not swing around the entire way. In other words its travel is about 180 degrees, not 360.
4. The case is of dark complexion, not black but a very dark brown.
5. Inside the clock, below the calendar movement, I had stored a number of those small fishing weights and various in sundry other hardware used in servicing the clock over the years.
6. There may be an invoice from Merv Brubaker, the Clock Doctor, laying inside the clock below the calendar movement along with the items described in #6 above.
If sighted or recovered, please contact:
John Henry Riddlesberger
NAWCC member # 0150877
1 Tower Road
Mount Holly Springs, Pennsylvania
By clockpoor in forum Clock RepairReplies: 20Last Post: 01-30-2009, 01:41 PM
By JamesMyers in forum Clock RepairReplies: 11Last Post: 10-27-2007, 06:53 PM
By glr1109 in forum Clock RepairReplies: 0Last Post: 07-25-2004, 05:14 AM
By Skier in forum Clock RepairReplies: 3Last Post: 07-12-2004, 10:10 PM
By rgtrepp in forum Clock RepairReplies: 2Last Post: 06-01-2003, 02:53 PM