Month's Goal: $300, Received: $235.00 - (78%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 4331 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Foreign Clock Book #3, By Roy Ehrhardt

Does anyone out there own a "Foreign Clock Book #3 or #5, by Roy Ehrhardt? I am looking for a clock that is believed to be by a Japanese clock maker. I have a #4 book but there are no Japanese clocks in it. They are all in #3 & #5. If you have one or both of these books, maybe you could look up my clock maker for me. The clock I am looking for is a "Gallery" style, with the trade mark of the letter (S), inside a circle which is about 3/4" in diameter, with diagonal lines running through the (S), and a solid black (A) painted over the (S). The word "Trade", is painted on the left side of the circle and the word "Mark" is painted on the right side of the circle. I think it could possibly be made by "Jyujishirushi Clocks or possibly Seikosha Clocks, both of Japan. I have found that both of these clock companies were involved with the American Ansonia Clock Co. in ventures involving import and export of clocks, both ways. My clock has a movement that is identical to the late 1800's New York Ansonia movement, except it does not strike on the half hour as most all of the Japanese clocks do not. Thanks for your help,

Dennis "the-menace"

Edited to host the image of the trademark.

[This message was edited by Phil Schilke on January 16, 2003 at 13:42.]

Default Foreign Clock Book #3, By Roy Ehrhardt (RE: the menace)

Does anyone out there own a "Foreign Clock Book #3 or #5, by Roy Ehrhardt? I am looking for a clock that is believed to be by a Japanese clock maker. I have a #4 book but there are no Japanese clocks in it. They are all in #3 & #5. If you have one or both of these books, maybe you could look up my clock maker for me. The clock I am looking for is a "Gallery" style, with the trade mark of the letter (S), inside a circle which is about 3/4" in diameter, with diagonal lines running through the (S), and a solid black (A) painted over the (S). The word "Trade", is painted on the left side of the circle and the word "Mark" is painted on the right side of the circle. I think it could possibly be made by "Jyujishirushi Clocks or possibly Seikosha Clocks, both of Japan. I have found that both of these clock companies were involved with the American Ansonia Clock Co. in ventures involving import and export of clocks, both ways. My clock has a movement that is identical to the late 1800's New York Ansonia movement, except it does not strike on the half hour as most all of the Japanese clocks do not. Thanks for your help,

Dennis "the-menace"

Edited to host the image of the trademark.

[This message was edited by Phil Schilke on January 16, 2003 at 13:42.]