Month's Goal: $300, Received: $235.00 - (78%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 938 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Copying to MB to other venues

I there a new rule regarding MB posts? I am seeing a posting on the MB, then the exact same post on another venue.

Case in point: In Electrical Horology this morning a posting by rlwindle appears on "Collector's Weekly" exactly. Is this a violation of MB rule and or Collector's Weekly?

I understood that postings were copyright NAWCC?

Now I cannot find the rule regarding postings.

What's up?
    H.J. (Les) Lesovsky, Alhambra California

Default Re: Copying to MB to other venues (RE: Eckmill)

You may be thinking of this rule (quoted in relevant part):

"Posting

1. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this message board. Although this message board does not and cannot review all the messages posted and is also not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this message board reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever.

2. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless NAWCC, Inc. (this message board), the makers of the bulletin board software, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s)."

Inasmuch as Russ is the author of the articles on both sites, I don't see any particular problem.

Full rules are here.