Month's Goal: $300, Received: $45.00 - (15%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 853 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Dremel Bit Adapter for Bergeon Bushing Tool

Hello,

I am looking for an adapter where i can mount a dremel bit onto my Bergeon bushing tool.

I looked on the web but could not find one and i don't have the machinery to make one myself.

Regards,
    Steve

Default Re: Dremel Bit Adapter for Bergeon Bushing Tool (RE: Sobie-one-canobie)

Bergeon does make a Jacob's chuck for their bushing tool. Wouldn't that work or am I visualizing it incorrectly? If that would work any of the supply houses selling Bergeon can special order it if it is not in stock.

Default Re: Dremel Bit Adapter for Bergeon Bushing Tool (RE: MARK A. BUTTERWORTH)

SOC,

Most of Dremel's stuff is abrasive and designed for high speed low pressure use. Just curious about what kind of 'bit' could work in the super a slow speed bushing tool?

Willie X

I have a soft cover book by Steven Conover. In that book he explains how to make an adapter for a bushing tool for using a dremel bit to cut an oil sink.

The bit he refers to is like the one shown at: http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessor...l.aspx?pid=100

Regards,
    Steve

Sobi.

I have seen the chuck that Mark mentioned, it should do what you want.

A small drill press with a centering device should do as well.

Just about any cutters and burrs imaginable are available at jewelry tool supply houses. The very large spherical stone setting burrs make nice recesses and it's pretty easy to make your own custom cutters too.

Personally I have stopped trying to add any recesses at all, except on rare occasions.

Good luck, Willie X