Month's Goal: $300, Received: $350.00 - (117%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 727 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Sold

Default Sold

I'm sold on One Lube. Thanks Harold and others for the heads up on that product. Can't find my original thread about the problem I had with a Seikosha that wouldn't run three days, but it just completed it's first test with One Lube and it ran just a few hours short of eight days. I reapplied some more lube cause I may have applied too sparingly the first time. It is in the test stand now for a retest.

The only down side is it's a little messy but could be my application technique..

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sold (RE: moe1942)

Hi Moe, i use it too, i use the tube that attaches to it, it is easier to apply with it. I started using this not long after Harold Bain mentioned it here.
    One clock at a time. Kevin West
    http://www.global-horology.com/GHMB/

Default Re: Sold (RE: Kevin W.)

I wonder if applying it when the spring is unwound would be better. I tried applying and winding and unwinding but it squeezed it out. I don't know if it got to all of the spring.

I have a rod that I attach the loop to and unwind it while inspecting and cleaning. It would be a simple matter to do it again and use my fingers to lube completely. How do you do it?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sold (RE: moe1942)

I spray it when its on the winder, un wound, then wind a few times and wipe the excess off.Sometimes a bit comes off later. It does not take much, usually i put a bit too much on though.
    One clock at a time. Kevin West
    http://www.global-horology.com/GHMB/

Default Re: Sold (RE: Kevin W.)

I spray it to the unwound spring and spread it by hand to the surfaces of the spring, then wind and wipe off any that squeezes out.

Default Re: Sold (RE: shutterbug)

I put the unwound spring on a piece of kitchen roll paper and spray it. Then I put the spring in the spring winder and wind and unwind it a few times. I do this until it winds and unwinds really smoothly. Then I wind it again and remove any excess of oil by wiping the sides of the spring. Than the spring is ready to go back into the movement.

Uhralt

Default Re: Sold (RE: Uhralt)

Check post #3 in this thread: http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?8...ring-Servicing for my approach to servicing a spring full length without stretching it out.

I start at the inner end of the spring (small coils), spray some 1-Lube on the spring, and wipe it along on both sides with fingers of right hand. Spray some more, do it again, work my way all the way down to the outer end of the spring. That's it. I don't worry about excess 1-Lube...there never is any. Lube it, put it back in the barrel.