Month's Goal: $300, Received: $260.00 - (87%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 940 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default my newest acquisition

nice 12s Illinis Illini 23 jewel with 14k case and radium dial.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0643.JPG   DSCF0644.JPG   DSCF0645.JPG   DSCF0646.JPG   DSCF0647.JPG  

Default Re: my newest acquisition (RE: mdloggins)

So that is where it went. It is a wonderful and scarce watch. I was thinking about bidding on this one but the auction got cancelled. It is always frustrating when an item is offered for auction and then that offer is taken away. The seller usually loses out, too.
    Jerry Treiman, NAWCC member since 1971
    Charter member of Pocket Horology Chapter 174

Default Re: my newest acquisition (RE: Jerry Treiman)

Thanks for your kind comments I think. The auction ran for about 5 days with only one bidder, me. By the way, I didn't realize sniping was intended to serve the seller but must be my mistake. Good luck in the future.

Default Re: my newest acquisition (RE: mdloggins)

Wow, that IS a nice watch! I'm becoming a big fan of the smaller high-grade watches of that era! So much art and craftsmanship went into them that is underappreciated nowadays.

I don't know that sniping is intended to serve the seller, but it often does, if he lets it run. The last week I've lost 3 or 4 auctions where the item languished with a handful of bids until a very exciting last few seconds when it flew past my irresponsibly high bid. Sometimes you think you're going to get a bargain because nobody else sees what you see, but usually they do!