Month's Goal: $300, Received: $300.00 - (100%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3186 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange.

Have you ever wondered what the title of that particular movie meant?

I'm a great fan of Stanley Krubick films. For many years I have wondered, just never brought myself to do something to find out.

Finally found out. Here is exerpt.

>>A Clockwork Orange (1971) is producer-director-screenwriter Stanley Kubrick's randomly ultra-violent, over-indulgent, graphically-stylized film of the near future. It was a terrifying, gaudy film adaptation of Anthony Burgess' 1962 satiric, futuristic novel of the same name. This was Kubrick's ninth feature film, appearing between 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) and Barry Lyndon (1975). The luridly-colorful set designs by John Barry, costume design by Milena Canonero, the synthesized electronic score by Walter Carlos, the colorful and innovative cinematography by John Alcott, and the hybrid, jargonistic, pun-filled language of Burgess' novel (called Nadsat - an onomatopoetic, expressive combination of English, Russian, and slang), produce a striking, unforgettable film. Some words are decipherable in their contextual use, or as anglicized, portmanteau, rhymed, or clever transformations or amputations of words.

The controversial film's title and other names in the film have meaning. The title alludes to:

a clockwork (mechanical, artificial, robotic) human being (orange - similar to orang-utan, a hairy ape-like creature), and
    the Cockney phrase from East London, "as queer as a clockwork orange" - indicating something bizarre internally, but appearing natural, human, and normal on the surface
    The film's poster and tagline advertised its themes of violence in a police state, teen delinquency, technological control, and dehumanization

RJ
    [Discovery is about to be destroyed by the birth of a new star]
    HAL 9000: I'm afraid.
    Dave Bowman: Don't be. We'll be together.
    HAL 9000: Where will we be?
    Dave Bowman: Where I am now.

Default Clockwork Orange (RE: RJSoftware)

Quite informative. And yes, I have wondered but never tried to investigate. Thanks for the posting.
    -------Tony-------
    Arizona Clock Repair

Default Clockwork Orange (RE: RJSoftware)

Waiting for the sequel: "A Quartz Movement Orange".

bangster
    1. Check out the REPAIR HINTS & HOW-TO's forum! Click Here.