Goal: $300, Received: $305.00 (102%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Waltham's Riverside grade -- the 12-size variants (By: Jerry Treiman)

I was wondering about the Wadsworth Waltham cases marked "Riverside Waltham Watch Co" on the cuvee. Mine is a 19j semi-bridge #19059770. Were these movements usually factory cased?

Registered user.

Default Re: Waltham's Riverside grade -- the 12-size variants (By: Kevin Moodie)

Hi,
    I have just acquired #7076059 which I believe to be from the third run of this 17j Riverside model. It is in need of some TLC but from the photos I've seen it has the pressed dial, roman numerals but no gold centre wheel. I will post photos later next week once it has arrived here in UK.
    Allan

Default Re: Waltham's Riverside grade -- the 12-size variants (By: Kevin Moodie)

Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    If all else fails - try sticking it in a case taken from a non-running model 1897 (e.g. grade "Bond St" or similar.) ... [/IMG]
    If you are referring to hawk61’s Riverside-A, I am afraid this will fail too. The Colonial-A is a much thinner movement and the stem will not line up well, front to back, in a case for a standard thickness movement like the 1897 model.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Moodie View Post
    I was wondering about the Wadsworth Waltham cases marked "Riverside Waltham Watch Co" on the cuvee. Mine is a 19j semi-bridge #19059770. Were these movements usually factory cased?
    I usually see this type of case marking on their Colonial Series movements, but yours would appear to be standard 12-size (based on the serial number records). This would not be as common. In the ‘teens (and even a little earlier) Waltham started doing more factory casing of their movements. These were usually custom sizes, but they also evidently cased some standard size movements. Movements were still available as well for casing by the jeweler.

Allan - I look forward to seeing pictures of your movement.
    Jerry Treiman, NAWCC member since 1971
    Charter member of Pocket Horology Chapter 174

Default Re: Waltham's Riverside grade -- the 12-size variants (By: Jerry Treiman)

Jerry,

thanks for the information.

Kevin