Month's Goal: $300, Received: $350.00 - (117%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 798 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Gilbert Long Branch question

If you have or have seen an intact Gilbert "Long Branch" or "Elberon" case, can you tell me whether the horizontal rope molding at the top of the case is full round or half round? Thanks.
    Jeremy

Default Re: Gilbert Long Branch question (RE: Jeremy Woodoff)

Jeremy

I owned the Longbranch calendar clock shown in Trans Gilbert book on page94. Looking at the only picture I have of this clock it appears to be full round and that is the way I seem to remember it.

Default Re: Gilbert Long Branch question (RE: jacks61fd)

Thank you, Jack. I've looked at all the on-line pictures I can find and an original catalog drawing, and I thought it was full round. In a couple of pictures, however, it looked like it might be half round. I wanted to be sure before I try to find a replacement molding.

Here's one of the seller's pictures. Besides the upper rope molding, it's missing a couple of small buttons. I think the dial is an old replacement, but nice. The patent gong is missing what I think was a volume adjustment--I'll have to look into that further. The finish is very crusty. I usually don't like crusty finishes, but somehow it seems suited to this clock, and I think other than a little cleaning and wax I'll leave it alone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Long Branch.jpg  
    Jeremy

The gong is the adjustable volume type. Here are some scans of the clock I owned. Hope they help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gilbert longbranch 2.jpg   gilbert longbranch 3.jpg   gilbert longbranch 1.jpg  

Yes, Jack, they do help. Thanks.
    Jeremy

Jeremy

Tried to send a private message but got an error saying your mailbox is overloaded so cannot accept any new messages.

Jack,

I was just notified of this and have cleared out my mailbox. Please re-send the message. Thanks.

Jeremy
    Jeremy