Month's Goal: $300, Received: $235.00 - (78%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 917 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default DUFA clock company history

o and while i'm here...anyone kno anything about Dufa? i know it was established in 1920 and stuff, but im slightly curious about what happened after, when it went out of business, etc.

Default DUFA clock company history (RE: chrsvor25)

All that I know about DUFA was posted yesterday in my response to your question. A google search reveals a couple of documents in German and a few listings for DUFA clocks. Unless "duck" can help you that's probably about it.

regards,

Richard T.
    Best,
    Richard T.

raymond c matthews

hello kochmans tels us it belongs to etzold&poitz registered 1920 a clock and watch factory the also imported and exported the same
    they also did the same with household hardware
    with a different logo..i cant see any reference to when they packed up
    regards ray

There's a new volume that's been out several weeks now, Hans-Heinrich Schmid's (2005) _Lexikon der Deutschen Uhrenindustrie 1850-1980_. It is by far the best single reference to the historical German clockmaking industry ever published, and it became the standard reference the day it appeared (I've submitted a review of it to the _Bulletin_). Some 250 of its 650 small-print scholarly pages are given over to more specific information about some 300 of the 2100+ German firms listed in the first section. As we'd expect from the world's finest horological library, the Library & Research Center (LARC) in Columbia already has two copies of the _Lexikon_. Hey hey! And in it there is a full page and a half, in concentrated, encyclopedia-style prose -- among name changes and firms belonged to and with, and trade-marks and dates and exhibitions and so on -- of what happened to Etzold & Popitz of Leipzig from its founding in 1864, until Kienzle-Dufa turned up its horo-paws in 1996. In short, the entry in Schmid's _Lexikon_ on pages 405f. is what you'll want, and surely at that! Regards, Duck NAWCC 118804

Default Re: DUFA clock company history (RE: zepernick)

Default Re: DUFA clock company history (RE: kristind36)

Sorry but your video is of such poor quality that it's hard to tell anything about the clock. In addition, it's terrible to be "bombarded" with ads etc...............

Best,

richard T.