Month's Goal: $300, Received: $0 - (0%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1010 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Last Post in Long Threads

For example, "Clockmakers Hall of Shame":
    At times cannot select last page. Instead of last page, after 1,2,3 are three unclickable icons but none is last page. Not always but often. One must open the thread on any available page and there get a "last page" option.

Default Re: Last Post in Long Threads (RE: Scottie-TX)

On the "main" page of the Clock Repair forum, in the right-side column titled "Last Post By," are two white carats in a blue box at the end of each listed thread. Clicking on these carats takes you to the last post in a thread.

Conversely in the left-side column, "Title/Thread Starter," for each thread in which yoyu have not read the latest post(s), are two carats in a blue circle. Clocking on these will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Last Post in Long Threads (RE: Steven Thornberry)

Each of these has a tool tip popup that explains their function when the cursor is placed over the image.

I like to view each new web site I visit as a "Scavenger Hunt" game and move the cursor over all the images to see what messages pop up.
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    If you don't learn to laugh at trouble,
    you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.
    Will Rogers

Default Re: Last Post in Long Threads (RE: Tom McIntyre)

Yeah; It's thems - carets - I don't get.
    Browser problem. IE displays P 103 on that thread. AOL does not. No carets - nothing clickable on thread from Clock Repair main page.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Last Post in Long Threads (RE: Scottie-TX)

The las time I used AOL was about 10 years ago. I thought it would give me a better connection from London. Instead it rewrote significant parts of my operating system and kept popping up for months. I eventually got another computer.

Friends don't let friends drive AOL.
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    Will Rogers

Blog Entries

I have a similar question. On the old MB when I clicked on a post I had previously read, the thread would open to the page where I had last visited. It remembered where I was up to so I didn't have to filter through and find that place. Is that function still available?
    Cheers
    Peter R Lee: AKA (Pee-Tah) from Australia

Default Re: Last Post in Long Threads (RE: leeinv66)

I've had that experience TOM, resurrecting others' failed pooters. AOL can and does embed itself almost like a virus - so much so that the only way to remove it entirely is to reinstall it fully, THEN uninstall it as a package. The reason I keep it and like it is #1, MAIL! I store all my mail, address book, etc. on the server. Even tho I've been thru many pooters and crashes, I never lose my address book or saved mail. Second, many features that streamline functions such as embedding pictures in the mail instead of a downloadable attachment. Like a drug I guess, I've become hooked on it's many features. I tried once as an experiment to see if I could do without it for a month. Again, MAIL! Whatta pain to have to pull up AOL on another browser to handle mail with an almost primitive mail system when using it without their software. Yeah. I could move my mail to another server but a gazillion folks know my AOL address.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Last Post in Long Threads (RE: leeinv66)

Quote Originally Posted by leeinv66 View Post
    I have a similar question. On the old MB when I clicked on a post I had previously read, the thread would open to the page where I had last visited. It remembered where I was up to so I didn't have to filter through and find that place. Is that function still available?
    There is a small symbol just to the left of the thread title with two v shaped marks in a circle. It is only there if you have previously read part of the thread. Clicking on it goes to the first unread post in the thread (as the note says if you hover the cursor over the symbol).
    Tom McIntyre Click me.
    Will Rogers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom McIntyre View Post
    There is a small symbol just to the left of the thread title with two v shaped marks in a circle. It is only there if you have previously read part of the thread. Clicking on it goes to the first unread post in the thread (as the note says if you hover the cursor over the symbol).
    Thanks Tom, now I have it! Just to add to what you said, the symbol is also not there if you have read all of the posts in a thread.
    Cheers
    Peter R Lee: AKA (Pee-Tah) from Australia