Month's Goal: $300, Received: $230.00 - (77%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1001 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Linden (W.Germany) 8 day mantel clock... worth repairing?

Have an old mantel clock from my father in-law who passed this last year. My husband says it's worth fixing because it's from W. Germany. Spring mechanism doesn't work anymore.... Here's what's on the inside chime mechanism: 71 - Cuckoo Clock Manuf Co., Inc.TW0121JEWELS Made in West Germany unadjusted 1050-020 --- Any ideas --- where to get fixed, etc. We live in Chesapeake, VA 23322 Thank you!! Jackie

Default Re: Linden (W.Germany) 8 day mantel clock... worth repairing? (RE: Jackie)

Sure, if you like it repair it and put it back in operation.

Keep the 70s alive!

Willie X

Default Re: Linden (W.Germany) 8 day mantel clock... worth repairing? (RE: Willie X)

Where do I even begin to find a decent clock repair company? Thanks for encouraging us to get it fixed --- that's really what my husband wants to do!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Linden (W.Germany) 8 day mantel clock... worth repairing? (RE: Jackie)

Jackie there should be some NAWCC chapters in Virginia, i would contact them and go from there.
    One clock at a time. Kevin West
    http://www.global-horology.com/GHMB/

Default Re: Linden (W.Germany) 8 day mantel clock... worth repairing? (RE: Kevin W.)

This is yet another Hermle movement. If it proves impossible to repair, you can probably find a new movement that is the same.
    Justin A. Olson

Default Re: Linden (W.Germany) 8 day mantel clock... worth repairing? (RE: chimeclockfan)

Jackie, first of all, welcome to the NAWCC Message Board.

Maybe someone from the VA area will drop in and give you advice, where you
    can a repairer.
    If not, you can locate and contact your regional or local NAWCC Chapter right
    here - and they should surely know:

http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?8...s-in-your-area

Jurgen
    Jurgen "tempus nostrum"

Default Re: Linden (W.Germany) 8 day mantel clock... worth repairing? (RE: chimeclockfan)

The age on this movement, usually pays to replace it with the same movement that is being made today, and better quality. It is normally cheaper to change than repair, and it's completely new. I wouldn't ever suggest you change a movement out of an antique, but this isn't one.
    Larry Pearson, FNAWCC* #35863