Month's Goal: $300, Received: $10.00 - (3%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 980 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Help me Identify Wadsworth case pocket watch

My boyfriend has a pocket watch he found in some of his grandfather's stuff. We know nothing about pocketwatches but here is what we do know. It says Wadsworth Referee Warranted 20 years with the number 2639xxx beneath this. It works and inside it says 17 jewels, three adjustments. It also says primo watch inside and another number/letter stamp...either JD999 or D999. On the back is what appears to be caligraphy initials...I believe they are CAW. It is missing it's cover and any glass it may have had but it does work. What can you tell us about this watch? How old is it? Is it worth getting it repaired? Is it collectible? We would appreciate any and all help you could give! Thanks!

Default Re: Help me Identify Wadsworth case pocket watch (RE: toasha)

Quote Originally Posted by toasha View Post
    My boyfriend has a pocket watch he found in some of his grandfather's stuff. We know nothing about pocketwatches but here is what we do know. It says Wadsworth Referee Warranted 20 years with the number 2639xxx beneath this. It works and inside it says 17 jewels, three adjustments. It also says primo watch inside and another number/letter stamp...either JD999 or D999. On the back is what appears to be caligraphy initials...I believe they are CAW. It is missing it's cover and any glass it may have had but it does work. What can you tell us about this watch? How old is it? Is it worth getting it repaired? Is it collectible? We would appreciate any and all help you could give! Thanks!
    Toasha,

Welcome to the NAWCC American Pocket Watch message board.

As you mentioned, your watch case (movement enclosure) was made by the Wadsworth Watch Case Co. The movement (the works) itself would not have been made by them.

In order to provide the information that you have requested, a clear close photo of the movement will be needed.

Robert
    Last edited by Robert Sweet; 12-27-2011 at 07:54 AM.