Month's Goal: $300, Received: $350.00 - (117%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 492 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default How long to wait for a reverse painting restoration

I've had a reverse painting project at a prominent restorer since the summer. How long do these things usually take?

Default Re: How long to wait for a reverse painting restoration (RE: Weight Driven)

You have to wait till its done. As I understand it these painters have to apply an area or design and allow it to dry befor proceeding further, also to cut down customers waiting time they work on several different glasses at one time. The part of your glass being worked on may take a short time and while that is put aside to dry, the next glass he or she works on may involve hours or days before it gets to the point of letting it dry. I have waited months for a job but if you are using one of the top people you will be very happy with the results. YOU CAN'T RUSH THESE PEOPLE, THEIR ARTIST.

Default Re: How long to wait for a reverse painting restoration (RE: jacks61fd)

ok, sounds good. Thanks for the encouragement.

Registered user.

Default Re: How long to wait for a reverse painting restoration (RE: Weight Driven)

I have a Eli Terry shelf clock measuring right at 30" tall. The door has 2 pieces of glass which got broke. Who can I find to replace the glass and paint the glass as the original? The glass appears to never had been replaced and if they were it was a super job as it looked like a hard putty that secured the glass.

Default Re: How long to wait for a reverse painting restoration (RE: Donald P Bellamy)

I had a pair of glasses done for a lyre banjo reproduction by Tom Moberm that were fantastic! Took about 3-4months as I recall , but was worth the wait. Last I knew , he was in Owosso Mi. I can't imagine that the original glass could have possibly been better. Bob.

Registered user.

Hi Don,

Another reverse painting artist to consider would be Lee Davis of York, Pa. He is a prominent NAWCC member, has done work for me for years, pricing is reasonable, and I have never had a problem with the turnaround time. His e-mail address is davislee66@aol.com.

Registered user.

Default Re: How long to wait for a reverse painting restoration (RE: secondarylead)

I have tried that email address and it keeps coming back invalid? Would there be another, thank you.

Registered user.

Hi Don,

My mistake on typing, here is the correct e-mail address: davisleeh66@aol.com.

Registered user.

Default Re: How long to wait for a reverse painting restoration (RE: secondarylead)

I made contact with Lee and he was more than happy to take on the job, thanks.