Month's Goal: $300, Received: $120.00 - (40%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS's Avatar

Default Post your McClintock bank clocks, here's mine

Here's a few photo's of a couple of O.B.McClintock outside clocks I'm in the process of restoring. Just built a new frame using the old rusted out frame as a guide. Chimes and slave movements are fitted up along with hands and doors. A bit more work to do before fabricating the copper top, bottom and sides. Hope to start in on the copper in a couple of weeks as time allows. I made new hands as I only had one set and they were only good as patterns.
    With the stained glass dials one is original and the other I made, can you tell which one? As you can see the cases are different sizes, the one I'm currently working on is the smaller one with 24" dials the other has 30" dials the smaller case is around 7 feet and the larger case is around 9 feet when fully assembled. I'm also in need of a pair of iron mounting brackets if anybody knows of any.
    Hoping there are others that have McClintock bank clocks to share their stories & photo's.
    George
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.JPG   005.JPG   009.JPG   008.JPG   010.JPG  

019.JPG  

Default Re: Post your McClintock bank clocks, here's mine (RE: MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS)

Hello, Just finished folding all of the copper and thought I would toss in a few photo's if anyone would care to see. Many more projects yet to do including coming up with a design for the leaded glass upper panels, would like to use a period arts n crafts design. hoping to get this case mounted by Christmas,we'll see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails COPPER3.JPG   COPPER4.JPG   COPPER8.JPG  

Default Re: Post your McClintock bank clocks, here's mine (RE: MCCLINTOCK-LOOMIS)

Here is updated photo's of the Mcclintock clock project. it's mounted and up and running. upper leaded glass panels will come later.I think my chiropractor will love this clock
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci8egXHoJ6s"]1918 O B McClintock bank clock - YouTube[/ame]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 013.JPG   012.JPG   010.JPG   008.JPG   002.JPG  

Hello,adding a few photo's of the clock now that it's complete. I made the upper advertizing glass panel as art piece true to the period and design of the case. It's a rendition of a Frank Loyd Wright design from 1914. I was hoping to see other McClintock bank clocks restored or not, even in pieces on the floor! on this thread. Hopefully there are others that would like to add?
    regards
    George
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails o.b.mcclintock-1.JPG   o.b.mcclintock-7.JPG   o.b.mcclintock-12.JPG   o.b.mcclintock-20.JPG  

photo after dark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 006.JPG  

So very lovely. distinctive and cool! And I just love that stained glass. (Would I be correct in assuming that it's the only one on the block?)

Kenneth

Default Re: Post your McClintock bank clocks, here's mine (RE: KenE)

Thanks,other than the second one in the shop it's the only one in the neighborhood. Fortunately all our neighbors enjoy the chimes, so long as they are on time. I run the chimes between 10:00am and 7:00pm.
    George

Wow! that's a beauty. If I was your neighbor you could let it chime 24 7

Just finished the second upper stained glass panel and installed today,then 1/2 hour later the clock got it's first snow. Sounds like more snow to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9075.JPG   IMG_9082.JPG  

I posted some pictures of repair of the master clock's upper movement in the" clock repair" forum if interested.
    regards
    George

Well it's been a year since I last posted on this thread,Thought I would check in. Still hoping for others to chime in so to speak regarding McClintock bank clocks. I have the new copper completed for the larger case but I'm still looking for the cast iron mounting brackets to proceed if anybody knows of any? attached is an updated video of the one mounted on our house.
    thanks
    George
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3BsmhOZoUo

Jack, here are a few pictures of he insides. If you would like I can post them here or send through email but I will need your email address.
    regards
    George
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2144.JPG   IMG_2145.JPG   IMG_2141.JPG  

Registered user.

Got my McClintock mounted on a post, copper restored, now mounting polished doors. Still have to do stained glass and dial. It was taken off the bank with a backhoe. Clock is McClintock-Loomis. Pictures when I get more done. Donald E. Clark

Donald, I look forward to seeing your pictures. Nice to know there are others interested in these clocks!
    regards
    George

I know this is quite an old post, but I wanted to compliment the job you did. Magnificent restoration on a very elegant clock. Wish institutions and public buildings were still being built with this kind of class attached.