Month's Goal: $300, Received: $90.00 - (30%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1160 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default seiko schematic needed

this watch belong to my dad trying to put it back together ,found it in a plastic sip lock bag full of parts .slowly sorting it out but have found some parts not sure if they belong. hoping some one can help me maybe a schamatic might help sort things out.
    newbie .brett.
    first watch repair .only have done a couple of 400 day clocks before.
    wow these things are small''.
    you can see where this has been stripped down too,would like to go further with it to clean and oil it any pionters as to how to remove wots left from case would be gratefull.
    seiko automatic sea horse waterproof diashoch 17 jewels
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0943.jpg   100_0944.jpg   100_0945.jpg   100_0946.jpg  

Blog Entries

Default Re: seiko schematic needed (RE: bwd)

BWD, my advice, take it to a watch repair person.Its not a good watch to learn on.If you break one pivot, you will have some big problems.
    One clock at a time. Kevin West
    http://www.global-horology.com/GHMB/

I would go further than that -- you are missing a number of screws, the escape wheel and possibly the third wheel (may be under the bridge, but I don't think so). Better to find another movement, they are common, and go from there.

To get the rest of the watch out, you must remove the stem (there is a little lever to push, or a stud with a dimple in it, usually on Seikos) and then you must use a hands remover to get the hands off. Then the fourth wheel and extended pinion will fall out the back since the bridge is off (might want to put it back on before removing the watch from the case). The dial will be held on by either some screws or two latches that look like screws that rotate to latch the dial feet down. Once the dial is off, you will need to remove the hour wheel and pull the cannon pinion off with a puller or a pin vise before the center wheel will come out. It is held on by the bridge under the fourth wheel.

Schematics are available, do a google search on the movement number, which is on the bridge or on the weight, and will be on the dial at the bottom along with the case number. Also on the case back , a four digit number followed by a dash and another 4 digit number. The first number is the movement ID, the second is the case ID. Parts are available, but will cost you more than another used movement.

These aren't bad watches to work on and learn on, they re-assemble very easily and unless abused rarely show much wear.

Peter

Blog Entries

Default Re: seiko schematic needed (RE: psfred)

Going from a clock to a watch is a big step.You need proper tools as well.
    One clock at a time. Kevin West
    http://www.global-horology.com/GHMB/

Default Re: seiko schematic needed (RE: Kevin W.)

thanks guys for the help .I have tried to google the schematic but failed to find it .anyone have a bit of time they might be faster at it than me. who knows just where to look;; so much info came up but still failed to find it.(the numbers are 7625-8011)
    my dad was a backyard watch and clock man -have some tools and stuff that i think i can strip this down with, and clean and reasemble it.
    the watch itself is not that sentimentel to me ,but just trying to learn a bit more as i go.
    i think the bits that are missing as peter said are in little bags if i had a schematic i could probable reasemble with all the right parts.

as to removeing wots left -i have removed the stem and there also was two retaining screws but still no go. it just does not seem to want to come out ,looks as though there is nothing left holding in

also could this be the right band for it ?found that on its own.
    Brett.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0950.jpg   100_0951.jpg   100_0953.jpg  

Here is the technical manual you requested: http://www.watchuseek.com/seikocitiz...S26A_7S36A.pdf

There are many other Seiko tech manuals here: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f365/se...ls-299038.html

and here: http://www.seikodigitalwatches.com/

Default Re: seiko schematic needed (RE: sderek)

I suspect the dial it stuck to the case, it comes out the back. Unfortunately, it's possible that someone has GLUED the movement in since there is no retaining ring in the pictures. There is a plastic ring that surrounds the movement and presses the dial up against the case, held down by the case back. If that got lost, someone in the past may have used glue to replace it.

I've seen dials glued on, as well.

There are no retainer screws, the movement is held in place by the ring only.

Peter