Month's Goal: $300, Received: $235.00 - (78%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1297 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Help to Identify a Rolex Chronograph Daytona

I have a Rolex Chronograph Daytona that I believe is from the 1970's. Can anyone help to further identify the exact model - I know there are a lot of similar ones.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2745.jpg   2746.jpg   2747.jpg   2748.jpg   2749.jpg  

2750.jpg  

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help to Identify a Rolex Chronograph Daytona (RE: joedawolf)

Before I express an opinion, I would need to see the "works". Can you remove the case back ans let us see what's in there?

Default Re: Help to Identify a Rolex Chronograph Daytona (RE: doug sinclair)

How do you take the back off? Do you need a special tool?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help to Identify a Rolex Chronograph Daytona (RE: joedawolf)

In answer to your question, yes! Special tools are required. It would be wisest to not try to loosen the back yourself. And only select service shops would have the equipment required to loosen the back.

A definite decision as to whether this watch is fully pedigreed or not must be done with the back off. Recently, a "Rolex Daytona" appeared on this message board which looked like a thoroughbred from the outside. But with the back off, it was discovered that it had been put together with many genuine Rolex external components, but the movement was NOT a Rolex Daytona movement! The individual who bought the watch at auction was able to get his money back!

See what you can do, please.

Default Re: Help to Identify a Rolex Chronograph Daytona (RE: doug sinclair)

Looks like a 6239.

These are quite valuable when in terrifc shape. Lots of fakes though so be careful!

We do not discuss actual valuations here but we CAN tell you that mint condition ones have averaged to the seller about 18,000 dollars at public auction.

Good luck!

Jeff