Month's Goal: $300, Received: $120.00 - (40%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 701 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Dubois Depraz

Default Dubois Depraz

Anyone else interested in Dubois Depraz. They make "modules" for wristwatches that convert ordinary movements into chronographs and perpetual calendars. There was a long article on them recently in one of the popular wrist watch magazines.

I just checked their web site and see than have a book available on 100 years of complicated watchmaking. Has anyone seen it. I'll also post this inquiry on Horological books and reommend any intersted in that check there.

Dr. Jon

Default Dubois Depraz (RE: Dr. Jon)

I love them!

They were alo responsible for the underdial repeater modules used in the Kelek/Nivrel/Chronoswiss wrist repeaters..

Jeff Hess

JPH

Jeff

I am a bit surprised. I thought Kekek did this kind of stuff too, before Breitling bought them.

That DD made repeater stuff is not a surprise.

Dr. Jon

The story as I understand it...

(The watches are long gone so I am not yping my inentory here. there are none left)

The owener of Kelek and the owner of D/D were old friends. They put out those wrist repeaters for a big dollar amount but they did it in gold filled. Rumours were that Breitling was a bit emabarrased that Kelek was advertising that they made certain watches for Breitling so Breitling bought them.

When I heard this, I contacted Nivrel (we are authorized Nivrel dealers and I knew that Gerd Hofer was teh German distributor for Kelek) and asked him to get over there and buy the repeater movements but to make them in steel. He did, with me prmising to buy 30 of them at a special price. And I was to have serial number one through 10. I sold them on my tv show and store. They are gone.

Kelek, (an arab word for "highway or road" I think) is, according to many, up for sale by Breitling.

Jeff, thats what I understand

JPH

Unhappy Re: Dubois Depraz (RE: Jeff Hess)

H
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jon View Post
    Jeff

I am a bit surprised. I thought Kekek did this kind of stuff too, before Breitling bought them.

That DD made repeater stuff is not a surprise.

Dr. Jon
    He
    Help me please identify?