Goal: $300, Received: $275.00 (92%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1027

Default Seth Thomas#10 movement parts (By: Sammyt97)

I am looking for the :fast-slow lever for a #10 movement. This lever protrudes though the clock face above the #12. My #10 has the balance that uses the cups, not jeweled. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Pendulum for Kundo Quartz Anniversary (By: bangster)

I've received an offer!
    Thanks for looking.
    1. Check out the Repair Hints & How-To's forum. You may find your answer there.

Default Period Banjo Pendlum Rod setup (By: Sammyt97)

I'm on the lookout for an early Banjo pendulum rod setup with a period keystone, suspension, bob and rating -- it would fit into a t-bridge suspension, but I could alter a traditional one to become t-bridge. If youve got an original old one, I'd be thrilled to hear about it. Thanks! Dave

Registered User Donald Hellstern's Avatar

Default Club Foot Escape Wheel (By: Sammyt97)

Several months ago I purchased an Ithaca "Index" calendar clock not realizing that Doctor Jeckel had been the previous owner. The original chain suspension had been replaced with a post-type suspension badly soldered to the front plate. The verge had also been modified to fit the new arrangement. What I wasn't prepared for was the escape wheel that had been bent, filed, bent again and who knows what.

Long story short, I am in need of a 36 club tooth deadbeat escape wheel. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Don Hellstern

Default Re: Period Banjo Pendlum Rod setup (By: David D'Apice)

David, I see that you have not gotten any response. Perhaps it is because no one knows what you mean. I have been doing this for many years and I do not know what you are needing. At the very beginning the Forum asks for pictures to accompany your text, could you do that?

Default Re: Period Banjo Pendlum Rod setup (By: dickstorer)

Thanks for the tip! Some how I missed that --- here's what I'm looking for which is available new -- but I'm hoping for an old one -- and I need the round brass disc bob as well. Thanks again -- sorry I didn't include the photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.png 
Views:	217 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	340610  

Default Seth Thomas Eclipse Face Parts Wanted (By: Sammyt97)

Hi,

I just recently acquired a walnut Seth Thomas Eclipse mantle clock that keeps fantastic time. The only problem with it is that someone removed the entire face assembly (wood, face, brass ring, etc.) and replaced it with a piece of cardboard with a printed face. Everything else in the clock is original. I'd love to find the replacements for the missing face parts. Would anyone, by any chance, have them for sale? Or could someone point me in a direction to find them?

Many thanks.

David

Default Vienna Winding Hole Inserts/Grommets (By: DavidT)

I'm in need of at least one nickel-plated Vienna Winding Hole Insert/Grommet, a pair would be best (picture below). Do any of you have 1 or 2 buried away in a parts bin?

If unable to locate these, I assume I could investigate having a brass pair nickel-plated (along with a few other things). However. with my luck this will be cost prohibitive. Another problem is I've ordered brass Vienna inserts from TS in the past and they're a larger ID/OD than the OEM inserts I have in my 4 Vienna clocks.

Any help appreciated.

Jim

Name:	IMG_9449_marked.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	350.8 KB 
ID:	340637  

Default Re: Vienna Winding Hole Inserts/Grommets (By: WRabbit)

You could 'silver' the brass parts and it'd look pretty close to nickel.
    Living life at eight beats per minute.

Default Re: Vienna Winding Hole Inserts/Grommets (By: MartinM)

Is a product like Jax suitable for silvering small items?

I did find Merritt's has 3 sizes of Vienna brass dial grommets and ordered a pair of 8mm.

Jim

Default Re: Vienna Winding Hole Inserts/Grommets (By: WRabbit)

how about coating it with 100% tin solder?

David
    David S

Default Ladder chain wanted (By: Sammyt97)

I have a friend who's looking for some ladder chain for a clock he recently purchased. I presume there may be different sizes (links per foot)? Not sure which size he needs, but I thought I'd check here first if there's even a place to get ladder chain anymore. He said he's checked around and no one seems to have it anymore, outside of one place that wants something like $175. Outrageous.

Thanks!!
    John
    Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; 04-21-2017 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Corrected title
    John C.
    About 3/4 of my clock collection. Still photographing the last 1/4!

Default Re: Ladder chain wanted (By: Spaceman Spiff)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    I have a friend who's looking for some ladder chain for a clock he recently purchased. I presume there may be different sizes (links per foot)? Not sure which size he needs, but I thought I'd check here first if there's even a place to get ladder chain anymore. He said he's checked around and no one seems to have it anymore, outside of one place that wants something like $175. Outrageous.

Thanks!!
    John
    www.timesavers.com has six sizes of ladder chain, around $15 for a six foot piece. You'll want the wire diameter and the number of links per foot, the latter of which can be derived from measurements of the clock's chain wheel. Their paper catalog (recommended) has actual-size photos of each size of chain.

M Kinsler
    512 East Mulberry Street; Lancaster, Ohio USA 740-503-1973; kinsler33@gmail.com
    http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/search/kinsler/

Default Re: Ladder chain wanted (By: kinsler33)

Quote Originally Posted by kinsler33 View Post
    www.timesavers.com has six sizes of ladder chain, around $15 for a six foot piece. You'll want the wire diameter and the number of links per foot, the latter of which can be derived from measurements of the clock's chain wheel. Their paper catalog (recommended) has actual-size photos of each size of chain.
    M Kinsler
    Thanks very much!

I guess I should have checked Timesavers first. He told me he had already checked the various suppliers, but in thinking about it now, I recall him mentioning LaRose and I think they've been out of business for years if I remember correctly. Maybe he meant he tried contacting LaRose, found out they were out of business, and that was it.

Anyway, thanks again for the information! I really appreciate it! I will let my friend know tomorrow.

Sincerely,
    John
    John C.
    About 3/4 of my clock collection. Still photographing the last 1/4!

Blog Entries

Default HELP? - RACK NEEDED for a "MAUTHE" GERMAN WMC GF MOVEMENT (By: Sammyt97)

Hello Fellow Clock Repairers!!
    Saturday, 4-22-2017 @ 11:45 AM

I am in need for a RACK for this (3 pics enclosed below) MAUTHE WMC Chain Drive GF Clock Movement# 7438, PL 98, PS 66 2/3.
    Does anyone have this spare part to this movement or have the entire exact Mauthe movement that I can purchase?
    Please advise.
    Thank you in advance for your assistance.
    This is only the 2nd time I am using this post sysytem...hoping I am using it correctly.

Thank you!
    BobPiotrowski
    NAWCC # 078057

Name:	IMG_6749.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	341100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6750.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	341101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6755.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	341102  
    Last edited by Bill Stuntz; 04-25-2017 at 10:23 PM.