Goal: $300, Received: $125.00 (42%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forums Administrator harold bain's Avatar

Default Clock Parts Wanted

Post your requests for parts needed to complete your repairs/projects here. Use the Private Message function to make your deals. Post a followup when your requirements have been met, so we can delete your posts, and keep this thread managable. After about a month, your post will be moved to the non-sticky parts wanted thread.

To view all older posts, Click Here. When responding to one of the older posts, use a Private Message to the person needing the part.
    Last edited by harold bain; 12-14-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    harold bain, Member ch 33
    "If it won't "tick",
    let me "tock" to it"

Default Kienzle R/A Pendulum (By: harold bain)

Hi,

I picked up a Kienle Vienna type today needing a pendulum. The movement is marked with ah 54 so it should need a 54 cm pendulum. The pendulum hanger looks like an inverted "T" with the crossbar about ¼ inch wide. I presume that it is a R/A style pendulum that is missing. If you have one you can part with, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Walt
    So many clocks to love.....So much time on my hands!

Default Re: Kienzle R/A Pendulum (By: Walt Wallgren)

I was able to get a picture of what the pendulum hanger looks like. This is not my clock, just a picture of the hanger. Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks,
    Walt

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kienzle Pendulum Hanger.png  
    So many clocks to love.....So much time on my hands!

Default Re: Wanted Round French Movement for Black Forest Clock (By: harold bain)

I'm in need of a round French bell-strike movement with a glass bezel for an old Black Forest clock case. The case movement opening is 4" in diameter and 5" deep. The current movement is a replacement and while the pendulum is correct for the movement (4-1/2") it is too long for the case. The case requires a 3" to 3-1/2" pendulum length (as indicated by the numbers typically found on the movement back plate, lower center...Pouces & Lignes). I need a plate marked "3 0" to maybe "3 8" (ie. I can modify the case opening floor slightly, maybe 1/2-3/4"). I do not need the bell, pendulum (I have several that will work) or the rear case/movement door. A few pics are attached of the case opening & current, incorrect movement. I know it's a stretch but I thought someone may have a movement lying around. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2039.jpg   IMG_2040.jpg   IMG_2041.jpg   IMG_2042.jpg   IMG_0732.jpg  

IMG_0736.jpg  
    Last edited by devore; 04-06-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Default Re: Wanted Round French Movement for Black Forest Clock (By: devore)

Pendulum for Kundo Quartz Anniversary

I need a pendulum for this nice little Kundo. (Pardon out of focus.)

It's low clearance-- pillars are only 3" high, pendulum needs to be less than that. Kundo pendulums have a top hook to take a regular tension suspension spring. A regular (mechanical) pendulum would probably work, if it's short enough. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

I'm posting this to Electric Horology and Tension Clocks, as well as Clock Parts Wanted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kundo minus pend.jpg  
    Last edited by bangster; 04-12-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    1. Check out the Repair Hints & How-To's forum. You may find your answer there.

Default Seth Thomas#10 movement parts (By: harold bain)

I am looking for the :fast-slow lever for a #10 movement. This lever protrudes though the clock face above the #12. My #10 has the balance that uses the cups, not jeweled. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Pendulum for Kundo Quartz Anniversary (By: bangster)

I've received an offer!
    Thanks for looking.
    1. Check out the Repair Hints & How-To's forum. You may find your answer there.

Default Period Banjo Pendlum Rod setup (By: harold bain)

I'm on the lookout for an early Banjo pendulum rod setup with a period keystone, suspension, bob and rating -- it would fit into a t-bridge suspension, but I could alter a traditional one to become t-bridge. If youve got an original old one, I'd be thrilled to hear about it. Thanks! Dave

Registered User Donald Hellstern's Avatar

Default Club Foot Escape Wheel (By: harold bain)

Several months ago I purchased an Ithaca "Index" calendar clock not realizing that Doctor Jeckel had been the previous owner. The original chain suspension had been replaced with a post-type suspension badly soldered to the front plate. The verge had also been modified to fit the new arrangement. What I wasn't prepared for was the escape wheel that had been bent, filed, bent again and who knows what.

Long story short, I am in need of a 36 club tooth deadbeat escape wheel. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Don Hellstern

Default Re: Period Banjo Pendlum Rod setup (By: David D'Apice)

David, I see that you have not gotten any response. Perhaps it is because no one knows what you mean. I have been doing this for many years and I do not know what you are needing. At the very beginning the Forum asks for pictures to accompany your text, could you do that?

Default Re: Period Banjo Pendlum Rod setup (By: dickstorer)

Thanks for the tip! Some how I missed that --- here's what I'm looking for which is available new -- but I'm hoping for an old one -- and I need the round brass disc bob as well. Thanks again -- sorry I didn't include the photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails images.png  

Default Seth Thomas Eclipse Face Parts Wanted (By: harold bain)

Hi,

I just recently acquired a walnut Seth Thomas Eclipse mantle clock that keeps fantastic time. The only problem with it is that someone removed the entire face assembly (wood, face, brass ring, etc.) and replaced it with a piece of cardboard with a printed face. Everything else in the clock is original. I'd love to find the replacements for the missing face parts. Would anyone, by any chance, have them for sale? Or could someone point me in a direction to find them?

Many thanks.

David

Default Vienna Winding Hole Inserts/Grommets (By: DavidT)

I'm in need of at least one nickel-plated Vienna Winding Hole Insert/Grommet, a pair would be best (picture below). Do any of you have 1 or 2 buried away in a parts bin?

If unable to locate these, I assume I could investigate having a brass pair nickel-plated (along with a few other things). However. with my luck this will be cost prohibitive. Another problem is I've ordered brass Vienna inserts from TS in the past and they're a larger ID/OD than the OEM inserts I have in my 4 Vienna clocks.

Any help appreciated.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9449_marked.jpg  

Default Re: Vienna Winding Hole Inserts/Grommets (By: WRabbit)

You could 'silver' the brass parts and it'd look pretty close to nickel.
    Living life at eight beats per minute.

Default Re: Vienna Winding Hole Inserts/Grommets (By: MartinM)

Is a product like Jax suitable for silvering small items?

I did find Merritt's has 3 sizes of Vienna brass dial grommets and ordered a pair of 8mm.

Jim