Month's Goal: $300, Received: $315.00 - (105%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1654 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Information about Gigandet watches

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could provide some information about Gigandet watches. What little I've been able to find suggests that they were produced by Wakmann, and Gigandet is the last name of the owner (founder?) of the company, Charles Gigandet. Any ideas on the relative quality of Gigandet-branded watches compared to Wakmanns or Breitlings? Was it a lower-priced line for the company (a la Hamilton and Vantage)? The majority of the Gigandet-branded watches are chronographs with day/date complications. I guess that's in line with the overall focus of the Wakmann/Breitling brand historically.

Anyway, any additional information would be much appreciated. Thanks and best regards,

Mufit

Default Re: Information about Gigandet watches (RE: mfrmn)

Often the same (or similar) thing! charles gigandet owned Wakmann and Wakmann was either the distributor (or vice versa) of Breitling. I have seen many a watches with two of the three names on one watch. And sometimes all three of the names are on one watch. Good luck!