Month's Goal: $300, Received: $240.00 - (80%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1739 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Hamilton desk clock

I have a 4 sided Hamilton Electric desk clock that I would like to know more about. It consists of a clock, barometer, thermometer, and a hygrometer. I love it and I am not interested in selling it. Does it require a special battery? I have another desk clock that has IM HOF on the dial. Any info on these would be appreaciated! Thanks!

Default Re: Hamilton desk clock (RE: melissa knapp)

Melissa: Welcome to the Message Board. I have moved this thread to the Electric Clocks forum where it will get the exposure it needs for a response.

Forums Administrator harold bain's Avatar

Default Re: Hamilton desk clock (RE: Steven Thornberry)

Hi, Melissa, and welcome. A few pictures of your clock would help us to guide you to the right battery.
    harold bain, Member ch 33
    "If it won't "tick",
    let me "tock" to it"

I have a 4 sided Hamilton Electric desk clock that I would like to know more about. It consists of a clock, barometer, thermometer, and a hygrometer. I love it and I am not interested in selling it. Does it require a special battery? I have another desk clock that has IM HOF on the dial. Any info on these would be appreciated! Thanks!

Here are some photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4614 compressed.jpg   IMG_4623 compressed.jpg   IMG_4624 compressed.jpg  

Unfortunately Melissa, your four-sided Hamilton battery clock can no longer accept the required 1.5 volt Everyready E9 alkaline dry cell.

The battery that was in the clock reached usage beyond it's life, died and continued to disintegrate spewing it's corrosive component onto the brass sides of the case. The corroded hole in the side of the case is evident.

There may have been a "snap-on" type of connector for the E9 battery not seen in your snapshot, perhaps so badly corroded that it was discarded with the dead battery.

The clock might be capable of repair but quite possibly at considerable cost.

In its present condition, the clock is not salable but on the other hand, it is the kind of challenge I, personally like to undertake for my own satisfaction, self education and personal use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Batt Holder.jpg  
    Last edited by Eckmill; 01-20-2010 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Add a snapshot of the battery holder location.
    H.J. (Les) Lesovsky, Alhambra California

Default Re: Hamilton desk clock (RE: Eckmill)

Thanks for the information Mr. Eckmill. I wish it worked, but I love it anyway. It is from my Father's collection and he specialized in Hamiltons and Illinois watches. One of my Father's friends thought it might be rare. I may look into getting it fixed.