Month's Goal: $300, Received: $300.00 - (100%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ingraham Clocks

Default Re: Ingraham Clocks (RE: Steven Thornberry)

Yes Steven, this was discussed previously (unknown walnut parlor). I will have to search for it and take a look at what was posted.

Lamar,

Hope you are doing well. I did have both knees replaced, one in Sep 08 and the other Jan 09. All is well.

Seems that time passes so quickly. One must be tough to get old. I had carpal tunnel surgery in Aug (x2).

It would be a pleasure to help you unpack your collection. We can discussd that by PM or email later. The Fashion is progressing slowly. Seems that there have been a lot of other things going on. I will update that later.

Best,

Richard t.

Default Re: Ingraham Clocks (RE: Richard T.)

Greetings all,

I managed to find the previous thread on my unknown Ingraham parlor clock......

http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?t=40945

Best,

Richard t.

Here is the link, Richard. Finally found it. We didn't get very far with it then either.

Below is the one black mantel I own. It may be the Zenith, ca. 1907. The movement is dated November 1903, and per Chris Bailey's section on black mantels in Trans Ingraham book, the Zenith was produced 1907-16. The dimensions are correct. The topper is nor original, nor did the ewers come with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Black Mantel Zenith.jpg  

Jeremy posted a very nice looking clock lamp. Here is another, made by A. Schadow and Sons, 353 Canal St., NYC, for James Radin Inc. I have seen a number of Schadow clock lamps, but know nothing about the company or about James Radin.. A lack of serious research. The globe on mine is not original but looks good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Figure and Lamp.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven Thornberry; 11-06-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Correction to A. Schadow

Two of my Ingrahams
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ingraham  RD Top.jpg   Ingraham Admiral Dewey.jpg  

Default Re: Ingraham Clocks (RE: jacks61fd)

I had forgotten that I had these two. The first is a 30 hour Octagon Doric. The second is an eight day, possibly the octagon Doric Extra with columns (minus any gilding that might have been there). It has the barrel pendulum shown on the Britannic, Baltic and Idaho ??

Best,

Richard T.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IngrahamOctagonDoric.jpg   IngrahamDoric30Hr.jpg   30Hr.jpg   IngrahamOctagon8Day.jpg   Ingraham8Day.jpg  

008.jpg   DoricLabel.jpg  

I own five Dorics (I am a little buggy, I admit), but will post only three, an 8-day Octagon Doric, a 30-hour Candy-stripe Mosaic, and an 8-day with gold columns. I will also put on a 30-hour Venetian with a Noah Pomeroy movement, dated about 1865, perhaps a bit before or after (Ingraham began making their own movements in 1865).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ingraham Doric Octagon 2.jpg   Ingraham Doric Candy-stripe.jpg   Ingraham Doric Column.jpg   Pomeroy Venetian.jpg  

A couple of cabinets, the Como (1907) and the Calais (ca. 1934). Also, a pair of "banjos." The one is the Navarre (ca, 1925), sometimes referred to as a modified banjo; the other is the Yankee Clipper (1934).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Como.jpg   Ingraham Calais 001.jpg   Banjo Group 3.jpg  

Forums Administrator harold bain's Avatar

This is my favorite Ingraham, and 8 day scroll front stencil, E. and A. Ingraham, with a late Brewster and Ingrahams label, from around 1852.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0265.jpg   100_0266.jpg  
    harold bain, Member ch 33
    "If it won't "tick",
    let me "tock" to it"

Default Re: Ingraham Clocks (RE: harold bain)

I've always liked that one, Harold. Nice find. Here's a couple of simple Octagon drops, the smaller one from the 1880's, the larger from 1930. I think it may have been used in a school room. It has the number "1" stamped on the dial, which may have been some sort of inventory control number. Also, I will add the one I'd grab on the way out the door (it actually is near the front door), the Ingraham Calendar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drop Octagon 001.jpg   Drop Octagon.jpg   Ingraham Calendar 002.jpg  

Something I have been wondering about and Google is no help, Does anyone know the name of or have a picture of the first black mantle clock that Ingrham made? I have been curious seeing as how Ingraham were the ones to develop and patent the process to imitate the slate clocks

Default Re: Ingraham Clocks (RE: clockhoarder)

Quote Originally Posted by clockhoarder View Post
    Something I have been wondering about and Google is no help, Does anyone know the name of or have a picture of the first black mantle clock that Ingrham made? I have been curious seeing as how Ingraham were the ones to develop and patent the process to imitate the slate clocks
    Tran's Ingraham book contains a section by Chris Bailey discussing Ingraham's black mantels. It includes a section of production dates for the various models. The earliest date I've found in a quick scan of the book is 1881. Several clocks are mentioned for that year; many were iron cased or a kind of ebonized or enamelled cabinet clock. But which was first of the production line I could not say. I'm also not aware that there was a prototype model. I've always thought some of the earlier models were back mounted and/or had a gong mounted across the bottom of the case, rather than upright in the case, but I've made no systematic study (which might be interesting, if enough data could be obtained).

Yes, I have several that are mounted to the backboard and the movements have pins versus bolts holding the plates together. The earlier ones also have a gong that is very heavy and loud, as well as no feet, or just smal brass tacks as feet.
    I have one that resembles the "Wizard" model but is smaller and at first glance looks like a french slate clock, ( What is reffered to as the boundry marker style I think) but has no evidence whatsoever of there ever being a label on the back, where pretty much all the others that I have there is at least a label or the remains of one.

I know that I will be asking for the Ingraham book for Christmas!

Here are a few of my Ingrahams. The most unusual is the Mosaic with the Roman letter IV rather than the usual IIII. The mantel with an alarm is also rather rare.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ingraham Bristol Restored Dial.jpg   Ingraham Ionic Gold Guild.jpg   Inraham Mosaic.jpg   Ingraham Mantel with alarm.jpg   Ingraham Calendar.jpg  

Default Re: Ingraham Clocks (RE: ClocksCollector)

The Mosaic Grecian is a nice looking case. The dial does not strike me as original, however. It appears to be silvered, which strikes me as wrong for this model.
    Last edited by Steven Thornberry; 11-26-2009 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Spelling