Goal: $300, Received: $160.00 (53%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1994 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default stolen rolex watches

1) Rolex 16030 datejust serial# 6677416 2) Rolex 16013 two tone serial# 8995844 3) Vintage rolex 6564 serial#125671 stolen watches The vintage was stolen in Charleston SC the other two in Greeneville TN Reward offered Phone 423-639-1508 anytime email address johnboys@lmhcare.org Please help find these timepieces John B

Default Re: stolen rolex watches (By: jboys)

A ladies Rolex dateadjust just appeared on eBay from a "0" feedback lister in West collage corner IN. Just do a search for Rolex dateadjust. "a ladies rolex 18tk gold and steel with date on face." They have other listings but no feedback.

Default Re: stolen rolex watches (By: Al Schook)

Thank you these three watches are mens watches

OK .. and I misspelled "datejust" as well, but so did the listing of the ladies watch. Chalk it up to old age and decrepitude....LOL I figured you had checked eBay and Craig's list already but you didn't indicate so I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it. Too much information is better than not enough.
    Al

how do you check ebay and craigs list?

here are the sites:
    http://www.craigslist.org
    http://ebay.com
    Just use their search engines for what you are looking for. You may have to try different spellings like the one I found by misspelling the "datejust". Also check local pawn shops and flea markets. That will require leg work on your part. I hope you find them.
    Al

Can you search by serial #? Does ebay have a registry to list stolen goods?

Unhappily, No... it is an auction site that is universally known by good folks and bad alike. eBay is a huge commercial organization that is in the business of making money for it's stockholders. Sometimes the listing seller includes the serial number of some items but certainly not if they are trying to fence stolen goods. Craig's List has a different format, more like the classified ads in a newspaper. The listing person tells what is for sale and the List merely provides a common site for buyers and sellers to find each other. Sadly, you are the one who is going to have to provide most of the legwork. I wish I could be of more help. I have had things stolen in the past and know only too well that usually everyone has their own troubles so we are left pretty much alone with ours. This is one of the few places that has such a section and there are thousands of eyes worldwide here. This board is your best hope of having someone stumbling across your stolen goods. That is why I suggested a complete description of your stolen items, i.e., men's, women's, original bands, nicks, discolorations, unique features, etc etc. It it easier to operate with too much information than it is too little.
    Al
    Last edited by Al Schook; 07-31-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Just a Question? Does Rolex have an inventory of stolen watches in case one shows up for repair at one of their reputable jewelers or distributors?

It make take years but recovery is possible. Make sure you have a police reoprt of the theft with serial number.

Yes check eBay, Craig's list, and the local pawn shops.

Hope you recover at least one of them.

Default stolen rolex watches (By: lamarw)

If you have had something stolen or know of someone that has, here is the place to post information about the theft. Please list the items and a good discription. Add photos if you have them. Also include contact info, yourself, victim and/or proper authorities. If the items are later recovered, please post it so you will not continued to be contacted or asked questions. Bob B.

Registered user.

Unhappy Re: stolen rolex watches (By: D.those)

My Rolex Submariner was stolen while being repaired at Rolex USA along with over 20 other watches from other customers. This was at Rolex USA NY. I do no have the info on the other watches. I am offering a reward for the return of my watch.

Rolex Stainless Steel Submariner
    Model 16610
    Serial Number X886835 (1991 1/2)

Default Re: stolen rolex watches (By: DBS91274)

If Rolex had it, and you have a receipt, why are they not replacing it.

I know of a very small "Backwoods" operator who had an employee steal a Rolex . He made good on it, that is he bough t a replacement, and it really hurt him to do it.

Rolex is a big operation and they are not cheap, why don't they take responsibility?

Registered user.

Default Re: stolen rolex watches (By: Dr. Jon)

Rolex did replace it with a new Sub because they have to. Its on the service agreement. They were not supposed to ship the watch anywhere, all work was supposed to be done there. They shipped it long with others and FedEx took it.
    That still doesnt cover the sentimental value though.

Default Re: stolen rolex watches (By: DBS91274)

Good to know about FedEx and not the first time. Sorry about your loss

hi I too had my rolex stolen off ebay Ive recently started a new webpage rolexfinders.com which list your items and post rewards offered we will be live very soon I suggest putting your items on site it give owners hope god bless