Goal: $300, Received: $275.00 (92%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 2988 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Wiki article redirect

I am about to give up from frustration.

I want to move the article "Google Books related to clocks and clockmaking" to "Digitized books related to clocks and clockmaking". So I created the new article, which is simply a copy of the original, and then I tried to replace the "Google Books related to clocks and clockmaking" with a redirect:

[redirect]Vault Wiki:Digitized books related to clocks and clockmaking[/redirect]

But every time I do it, the redirect is to "Digitized books related to cloc ks and clockmaking" WITH A SPACE in "cloc ks" and, of course, no such article exists. The original title should be kept because Google searches locate it.

I then tried

[redirect]Vault Wiki:Books and bibliographies:Digitized books related to clocks and clockmaking[/redirect]

The same problem occurs!

So now there are 2 identical articles and no way to fix them.

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Wiki article redirect (By: Richard Watkins)

Vault Wiki automatically creates a redirect if you rename an article. However, not everyone has rename privileges because one needs to be careful about generating redirect loops.

Redirect does not work well to create alternate titles. To do this, it works better to just use the Redirect code in the source article. This will all be covered better in the Wiki Authors Tutorial when I get it written.

Cracked Egg Studios provides pretty good documentation on managing the wiki facility, but it is a bit too brief for my taste in the usage and authoring descriptions. The wiki codes are in the FAQ and you can find a lot of information in [special]wikicodelist[/special].

Default Re: Wiki article redirect (By: Tom McIntyre)

Richard: I was able to get the REDIRECTS to work on both Articles.