Month's Goal: $300, Received: $0 - (0%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1998 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Recommended books for wooden clock repair for beginner

I am going to be (gently and with a great deal of care) restoring a wooden clock. There are no broken parts, etc - I think I just need to do some adjusting, etc. Also need to find and use the right/correct cables for the weights.

I would like to find a book or two that would help me in this effort. So book recommendations would be very welcome.
    Bob Groh
    Blue Springs, MO.

Default Re: Recommended books for wooden clock repair for beginner (RE: BobGroh)

Quote Originally Posted by BobGroh View Post
    I am going to be (gently and with a great deal of care) restoring a wooden clock. There are no broken parts, etc - I think I just need to do some adjusting, etc. Also need to find and use the right/correct cables for the weights.

I would like to find a book or two that would help me in this effort. So book recommendations would be very welcome.
    I recommend Extreme Restoration by T. E. Temple. Buy it online at http://www.xrestore.com/ Unlike the title may seem to imply, this publication covers the basics as well. It's well illustrated and gives good attention to wooden works clocks as well as brass and covers both movement and case restoration.

Bob C.