Month's Goal: $300, Received: $60.00 - (20%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 1589 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Picture--- this time-- for Turler watch

Last week I asked about a Turner "pendant " watch--had several people read a bout it with only one response--and the respondant asked about a picture in help identifying the item...so I finally got the pictures-now I hope they post to the message!!
    THanks
    Blaine

Default Re: Picture--- this time-- for Turler watch (RE: blaineinarkansas)

Well that didnt work-guess I cant read what was instructed-so Here I go again!!

Blaine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lighter_&_watch_013.JPG   Lighter_&_watch_014.JPG  

Blaine,

While this isn't what's traditionally called a "pendant watch", I guess it still qualifies, since it's worn from a chain around the neck. Just looking, and guessing based on style, I'd say this is a 1950s or 1960s piece.

It's an interesting piece, and would have some appeal to collectors as a novelty watch. You originally said "Turler", which, as you've already been told is a high quality Swiss jewelry and watch retailer. In this post you said "Turner". It that a typo? It would make a difference, as Turler watches are expected to be high grade timepieces in well made cases.

It might be possible to make a more informed judgement if you can post details about the movement, but if the way to open the case is not obvious, you may want to leave that to a jeweler or watchmaker.

Regards,

Cary
    Cary Hurt

Registered user. Jerry Matthews's Avatar

Blaine,

Nice pictures of an interesting watch. As you can see, it is definitely Swiss made. I agree with Cary about the age. I lived in Zurich in the 1960s, and my tram stop was just outside Turler's shop on the Paradeplatz. I can recall seeing watches similar to yours on display there.

Jerry
    Jerry

Thanks for the info-it is definately a Turler--who knows where the "turner" came from--ha,ha!
    Thanks guys for the reply!
    I am a clock repairer--certainly NOT a watch repairer..Even with a loupe I can't see the small stuff!
    Blaine

Blog Entries

Turler made some nice clocks as well.I should post one i have.It was at a Chapter mart and no one was interested.I guess i got lucky.It was a donation to the chapter i think i paid 20 dollars.It has a 15 jewel Swiss made movement and works very well.Tommorow i will post a picture of it, i dont think i had one posted before.
    One clock at a time. Kevin West
    http://www.global-horology.com/GHMB/