Month's Goal: $300, Received: $235.00 - (78%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 2844 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Sessions movement - assembly and parts info help

Need information to orientate strike train gears and levers as well as identify and purchase a verge, suspension spring, pendulum leader and bob.

The clock movement is a old Sessions Time and Strike, open frame with two hammers. No model number on the movement. Frame is 3.5" wide, 5.125" high, verge will be with a long leader bent over the top of the movement.

Is there a diagram showing the orientation of parts in the strike side for aligning gears, interposers etc. ?

I am a customer with and have a catalog from Time Savers.

I bought this movement to gain experience with this type of movement. Have it disassembled, cleaned, polished and ready for assembly.

Thanks, Doug

Default Re: Sessions movement - assembly and parts info help (RE: Doug Henry)

hi doug,send me an e mail pocketwatch@hot.rr.com and i will send you some close up pictures, maybe they will help.

cpatrick

Sounds like a "bim-bam" movement. Post some pictures and we can help you set it up.
    A man with a clock always knows the time. A man with two clocks is never sure.

Here is a site that will help you. http://www.abouttime-clockmaking.com...s/Levers-2.pdf

Yes, Bim Bam

Patrick has send several pictures that will help. It will take some time to study them.

Attempting to upload my pictures.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sessions_F.JPG   Sessions_R.JPG   Sessions_O.JPG  

Very nice article, thank Bob.

If you study David LaBounty's diagrams, you'll be able to set it up. You need everything set up right when you reassemble, but if you get it together and it does not behave right, most adjustments can be made without taking it apart again. Just give us a shout

So, the maintenance cam will turn on the shaft. But I think the other gears must be lined up. It is the stop/warning wheel that has a pin in it that catches on the stop lever?

I will tinker with it. More levers etc. than what I am accustom to with Hermel movements.

Other questions: Can someone help identify a verge, suspension spring and dimentions of pendilum leader? These are missing from this unit.

Doug

Default .. (RE: Doug Henry)

[edit=5920=1171299769][/edit]
    [edit=5920=1172266428][/edit]

About your verge - do you know if this is a half deadbeat? If the motion of the escapement turns with the teeth pointing forward, it is. If the motion is with the teeth pointing backward, it isn't. We need to know that before offering advice on a verge.