Month's Goal: $300, Received: $0 - (0%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 2876 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Anyone Hear of "Le Jour Time Co." and Railroad Pocketwatch?

I bought this Railraod Pocket Watch and it says Le Jour Time Co. 17 Jewels. There are two numbers behind the balance wheel. They are 6431 & 6445. I never heard of this Company. Attaching pictures. Can someone identify the watch now? Info/History/Value? Appreciated, thanks

Popeye-Love This Forum!!!

Default Anyone Hear of "Le Jour Time Co." and Railroad Pocketwatch? (RE: popeye)

I bought this Railraod Pocket Watch and it says Le Jour Time Co. 17 Jewels. There are two numbers behind the balance wheel. They are 6431 & 6445. I never heard of this Company. Attaching pictures. Can someone identify the watch now? Info/History/Value? Appreciated, thanks

Popeye-Love This Forum!!!

Blog Entries

Default Anyone Hear of "Le Jour Time Co." and Railroad Pocketwatch? (RE: popeye)

Popeye,

To summarize answers from your earlier post:

Tom McIntyre says:
    17 jewels, K-Mart circa 1975

Wes says:
    It's a Unitas 6497, and not vintage.

Larfure says:
    Sometimes these are marked Unitas 431.

Veritas says:
    He has one much the same.

This is a modern, Swiss, generic, un-pedigreed, mass produced watch. There is no way to determine age except to guess. History? Being the generic watch that it is, and being one of perhaps millions like it that have been produced with perhaps thousands of different names, I doubt there is a history to relate. Value? You know very well we don't give values on this message board. I agree with everything that has been said so far about the Delaware, and I doubt there is much more to tell. I think it would be better to try to maintain this as one thread rather than opening a new thread evey time you want to discuss it!

I think Doug is saying these aren't yet actively sought by the collecting community yet. I've seen many similar watches which seem to date from the late 50's and through the 60's.
    On the plus side, those two numbers you mentioned indicate it's basic Swiss caliber and that, in all likelihood it is a decent timekeeper for which repair parts will likely be available.
    -Cort