Month's Goal: $300, Received: $315.00 - (105%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3134 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
    Cafeine

Default S. Marti & Cie (Medaille de Bronze) clock identification

Hello,

I have a S. Marti & Cie Medaille de Bronze wall clock. It was supposed to be the clock that King Faruk gave as a present to his dentist Attikouize (or something like that...)

Anybody knows anything about the clock?...

thanks in advance,
    Konstantinos
    -------------------------------
    Here are a few pics of the clock...

photos hosted at flickr.com

Cafeine

Default S. Marti & Cie (Medaille de Bronze) clock identification (RE: Cafeine)

Hello,

I have a S. Marti & Cie Medaille de Bronze wall clock. It was supposed to be the clock that King Faruk gave as a present to his dentist Attikouize (or something like that...)

Anybody knows anything about the clock?...

thanks in advance,
    Konstantinos
    -------------------------------
    Here are a few pics of the clock...

photos hosted at flickr.com

Welcome to the message board. That is a very nice clock. Sounds like you may be the expert of the history of the clock. What years was the reign of Faruk? Looks like the clock may date to last quater of the 19th cent. Unless someone will correct me.

Cafeine

well thanks Chris for the welcome...

actually I know nothing about the clock (apart from the detail that my father told me...)

I searched around the web, but can't find a site mentioning it.

The period you mentioned is correct..The Medaille de Bronze stamp refers to the period 1867 - 1889 as lamarw mentioned in another topic...

well still open for more infos...:P

King Farouk (usually spelled like this) was born in 1921 and reigned from 1937-1952, when he was deposed. He died in 1965.

The clock looks to be from the end of the 19th century, as has already been stated, so if it was King Farouk's, it may either have come from his palace or been bought second-hand as a gift.
    Hope this may help a little.
    JTD

King Farouk had a famous watch and clock collection, which was auctioned off. See if you can find the auction listing on the web. I knew a Canadian who had bought some of Farouk's watches.

Cafeine

well i found this list: http://chapter124.com/search/index.dat

but can't seem to be very useful .....