Month's Goal: $300, Received: $240.00 - (80%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3402 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default GS Flexo Crystals

Hello,

I am having a hard time finding two GS Flexo crystals (clear plastic). I need MX 510 and W 510 for the Illinois Ritz model. Does anyone out there have these crystals? Or can you please point me to someone who might?

Thanks,
    Dave

Default GS Flexo Crystals (RE: wristwatched)

Hello,

I am having a hard time finding two GS Flexo crystals (clear plastic). I need MX 510 and W 510 for the Illinois Ritz model. Does anyone out there have these crystals? Or can you please point me to someone who might?

Thanks,
    Dave

Blog Entries

Dave,

I haven't checked my inventory of obsolete crystals yet. But can you tell us what efforts you have made to find these crystals, and who you've tried? Are they shown in the catalog? If they are, they should still be available, from a supplier somewhere I should think. If it were possible, would you accept glass crystals?

Hi Doug,

Glass would be even better!

I have been looking for these crystals for a while (searching ebay high and low). I have a large supply of glass crystals (Fulton) and just got a fully stocked GS Flexo cabinet from the late 40s/early 50s. Plus thousands of loose crystals. No luck with either the MX510 or W510. I do have one W510, but it's yellow.

Do you know if they made the GS crystals in yellow? Or have they discolored for some reason?

The MX510 is a curved rectangular shape - 34.5MMx13.5MM (long and skinny).

Do any supply houses cut glass crystals to order ? I would guess you would need to at least send them the bezel.

Thanks,
    Dave

Blog Entries

Dave,

I have checked my GS catalogs, and neither show an MX 510 or a W 510, and I don't have an MX 510 or W510 or equivalent in plastic OR in glass.....or even anything close enough to cut. You're right! It is long and skinny! The only W crystals I could could find in the GS books were tonneau shaped which would not be at all suited to your purpose. My supplier (Canadian) is H & W Perrin in Toronto, and I swear they can cut a crystal for anything. They've yet to let me down.

Both S.LaRose and J.Borel carry GS crystals.
    "Look, he is winding up the watch of his wit, by and by it will strike"
    Shakespeare The Tempest

Thanks.

Jules Borel is sending me the W510 xstal. They do not have the MX510.

Still waiting to hear back from S. Larose. If they can't provide, I will send the bezel in to a supply house so they can cut to order.

Thanks,
    Dave

Try,
    Twin city supply co.
    800-328-6009
    J Smith