Goal: $300, Received: $275.00 (92%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Moedl 92 ATC Premier

Woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so...Open Face ATC Premier

Default Moedl 92 ATC Premier (By: Snide)

Woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so...Open Face ATC Premier

Default Re: Moedl 92 ATC Premier (By: Snide)

Hi Jim -

Have you also narrowed down production figures for the hunting case Appleton Tracy "Premier"?

I picked one of these up recently and will have to get the serial number to you.

Fred
    Fred Hansen
    NAWCC #109682

Fred-

As with the open face Premiers, the hunters appear with no rhyme nor reason in various ATC runs. I would be hard pressed to give you a production figure but here is some of the data; there have been reports of 9 Premier hunters (59 O.F.). The earliest occurs in run 10534001-500 which the Gray Book says are ATCs. The last occurs in run 12020401-500 which the book also says are ATCs. The open faced movements appear from 10038201-9000 to 14194501-5500 and the book also indicates them as being ATCs. There are 5 runs the book indicates as being Premiers, and for some reason they all occur in the 11 million range, but there have only been reports of Premiers in 2 of those runs. Two of those runs are hunters.

A collectors tip-all of the hunting case movements seem to be of the same variation but there were not many early O.F. Premiers made where the serial number is next to the barrel bridge. It would also appear that very few were made after the case screw positions were changed, so those with the case screw located at the edge of the barrel bridge would be "rare".

All of this comes with the ususal caveat, "the current research would suggest..."

Jim

Jim,
    I have serial # 10,092,589 which is marked Premier and serial # 10,092,285 from the same run of 1000 and it's marked At&Co.

Ray

Ray-

Thanks for the numbers, I'll add them to the database. As per the above, your Premier is not a common watch. Do you have a photo of it?

Jim

Jim,
    Here is the picture of the Premier and the At&Co from the same run (I believe it's the same run of 1000 watches). Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1026.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	10751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1032.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	10752  

Ray-Great photos, thanks. From that run, I have serial numbers for 6 Premiers and 5 ATCs. Some runs are listed in the Gray Book as Premier but this one is designated as ATC. It will probably be impossible to determine accurate Premier production figures. Suffice to say though, they are collectable.

Jim

Very interesting Jim,
    I will add mod 92 numbers as I get them.
    Besides any Illinois watches, these are the "other" watches I love to focus on collecting.

Ray

Hi Jim -

The serial number of the Appleton Tracy "Premier" hunting case I found is 11503144.

Here is a pic of the movement ...

Fred
    Fred Hansen
    NAWCC #109682

Registered user.

Default Re: Moedl 92 ATC Premier (By: Fred Hansen)

Well if anyone is still collecting this data, I picked up an open face premier movement in a hunting case. The serial number is 12,053,871 it has the "Premier" around the large wind wheel with the serial number along the edge of the barrel bridge. These don't seem to be that common but when I search the past posts some of the links were long gone to determine how many open face ATC Premier movements were made. I did get the feeling not very many for the open face and even less for the hunter movements.

Thumbs up Re: Moedl 92 ATC Premier (By: 49stude63)

I'm still interested in the AT&Co Premier, thanks for the data!
    Kent
    That guy down in Georgia

Registered user.

Default Re: Moedl 92 ATC Premier (By: Kent)

In the database I couldn't figure out if I should enter 1892 and then ATco or 1892 and Premier but if I entered Premier my serial number did not show up, if I entered ATCo quite a few runs turned up which from the post this version is not all that common.

Default Re: Moedl 92 ATC Premier (By: 49stude63)

The Gray Book only lists 5 runs of Model 92s as being Premiers with a total production of 3000, open face and hunting case movements. Unless someone has been collecting serial numbers and updating the database, this is probably all that will show up. The problem with this is that there are runs listed as ATC that contain Premiers and the runs listed as Premier also contain movements that are just marked ATC.

I will do my best to get the new Model 92 website up within the next few weeks.

Registered user.

If it helps I will post pictures for future reference, it has the funky script that has been mentioned in previous posts and it also has a serial number where the last few digits were put on by someone with a major hang-over.