Month's Goal: $300, Received: $350.00 - (117%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3518 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
    Elaine

Default Hamilton Womans Wristwatch mvmt 757

I came across a beautiful Hamilton womans wristwatch, It has 22 Jewels & movement 757. It is sized 21/0.

The cloth wrist band is on it, in very good condition, which I believe is the original band.

It has a shield shaped bezel, similar to the Hamilton "Thor" in the Cooksey Shugart book.

It's 10K gold filled bezel, good condition & operating good.

The back outer case says: "10K gold filled BIGGS" The inner back case reads: "HAMILTON W. Co, LANCASTER, PA, 10K GOLD FILLED, 43972 & a marking that is similar to a butterfly over maybe the letter B?

Does anyone know what the approximate date is of this watch? There is no serial number.

Thank you in advanced for your help.
    Elaine

Elaine

Default Hamilton Womans Wristwatch mvmt 757 (RE: Elaine)

I came across a beautiful Hamilton womans wristwatch, It has 22 Jewels & movement 757. It is sized 21/0.

The cloth wrist band is on it, in very good condition, which I believe is the original band.

It has a shield shaped bezel, similar to the Hamilton "Thor" in the Cooksey Shugart book.

It's 10K gold filled bezel, good condition & operating good.

The back outer case says: "10K gold filled BIGGS" The inner back case reads: "HAMILTON W. Co, LANCASTER, PA, 10K GOLD FILLED, 43972 & a marking that is similar to a butterfly over maybe the letter B?

Does anyone know what the approximate date is of this watch? There is no serial number.

Thank you in advanced for your help.
    Elaine

Elaine

Let me add, according to the markings inside the watch case back, it has a jewelers marking date of 2-24-49. Another jewelers date is 6-20-50. Then the a third marking of 9-24-75.

I know those are dates of cleaning/servicing so I can safely assume that it is at least a 1948 wristwatch, true?

Thanks again for any assistance.
    Elaine

Hi Elaine, To my knowledge, the grade 757 was a post WW-II watch, so your date guess is probably right on the money. Some jewelers would mark and date the case when they sold it. This would give them a reference point if the customer brought it back with a complaint. So, the first mark of 1948 could be the date it was sold.

Tom

Elaine

Thank You, Tom, for your quick response.

One more question I do have, is the model name "Thor?" As my watch is the same shape but the Thor (in Cooksey Shugarts book) is 14K from 1959.

Thanks again, Elaine

Tom Diss
    The harder I search, the luckier I get