Month's Goal: $300, Received: $235.00 - (78%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3073 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
    skyp

Default Gebruder Resch clock

Hi I resently aquired a G-R clock it is a single weight reglator clock, the weight pully is supended between to winding spools the right one runs the clock. the left one runs a electrical devise that when trigered moves a small magnet four coils that are mounted on plate that ataches to the bottom of the movement
    and is conected to three terminal srews. does any one know what this thing does. also the clock seams to be a 30 day clock but thats with the left spool disabeled. The clock has a name an the dial ( Gbensee ) the clock is missing its top piece if ane one knows what that looks like it would be helpfull Im going to try to build one for it. I is an oak case kind of a mission look. Thanks Skyp

skyp

Default Gebruder Resch clock (RE: skyp)

Hi I resently aquired a G-R clock it is a single weight reglator clock, the weight pully is supended between to winding spools the right one runs the clock. the left one runs a electrical devise that when trigered moves a small magnet four coils that are mounted on plate that ataches to the bottom of the movement
    and is conected to three terminal srews. does any one know what this thing does. also the clock seams to be a 30 day clock but thats with the left spool disabeled. The clock has a name an the dial ( Gbensee ) the clock is missing its top piece if ane one knows what that looks like it would be helpfull Im going to try to build one for it. I is an oak case kind of a mission look. Thanks Skyp

Actually Skyp, your description of the Gebruder Resch clock (made in Ebensee Austria) needs some amplification. A photo of the movement would help lots.

It is suspicious that the four coils may actually be an electric motor that lifts the weight, thus providing power for the time train.
    H.J. (Les) Lesovsky, Alhambra California

Someone say, "VIENNA"? Yeah! Man! Never heard/seen anything like that. If posting pix is a problum for you - send 'em to me. mclkwrx@aol.com I'll post 'em for you. I'd LOVE to see what this is all about. Thanks.

skyp

I took the thing off when I serviced the clock I dont think the unit is complete but I will put the major parts back on and take a photo. I don't think it can be a motor.as it is conected to the left spool and the clock runs off the right spool if it did wind the cable up to raise the weight the cable would run out on the right spool and the clock would stop any way. also the gear train on the left side has a wind govener don't see why that would be there if it was some kind of electric winding system. thanks Skyp