Month's Goal: $300, Received: $120.00 - (40%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 673 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
    M

Default Omega 1337, how to set time?

I recived an Omega caliber 1337 Quartz,to set time. Ipulled crown to set time only hour hand moves (as quick set for date) and there is no more step in crown so we can find any thing. I checked setting bridge, it does only one step. There is one push button (at "2") when I push it, watch stops ( so I assume it is for second setting).
    Costemer just bought it as is.
    Can anybody help me to set time Omega 1337 Quartz(Seamaster date at 3) Please ?

I will appreaciate your help, and Thank in advance.

M

Default Omega 1337, how to set time? (RE: M)

I recived an Omega caliber 1337 Quartz,to set time. Ipulled crown to set time only hour hand moves (as quick set for date) and there is no more step in crown so we can find any thing. I checked setting bridge, it does only one step. There is one push button (at "2") when I push it, watch stops ( so I assume it is for second setting).
    Costemer just bought it as is.
    Can anybody help me to set time Omega 1337 Quartz(Seamaster date at 3) Please ?

I will appreaciate your help, and Thank in advance.

Blog Entries

M,

Does the crown have a slightly concave central portion? If it does, I believe the setting process might involve pressing that central portion for about 5 seconds, releasing it and quickly pressing it again, and HOLDING it. If I am correct in my assumptions as to the watch you are dealing with, the hands should start to move. Let us know how you make out.

M

Doug,
    Thank you for taking interest in my question
    No it does not have concave portion in crown, but watch has concave push button at 2" by pushing it, watch stops. Before I put my question I tried it to press for few seconds differently, every time increasing 2 sec. then 3 sec. then 5sec. etc. and releasing it but nothing helps.
    Thanks again Doug

Blog Entries

M,

Have you tried pressing and holding that button for five seconds, releasing it, then QUICKLY pressing it again and holding it pressed in?

M

Hi, Doug,
    Yes I did try that, but no luck.
    thanks
    Mike

Default Re: Omega 1337, how to set time? (RE: M)

Pardon the bump, but you've guessed it, same problem here, the recessed setting button only operates partially, i.e. stops the seconds hand but does not allow the setting of the minutes hand (press for 5 seconds, release and press immediately) ?

Anyone know of a fix for that? Seems it's not mechanical but rather "electronic" so a movement swap is probably in order...hence my next question, anyone know if the 1332, 1333 and 1337 are interchangeable?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Omega 1337, how to set time? (RE: webvan)

If the re-set is in shape to run as it should, the secret is that second button. Omega fooled around with these models years ago. They produced watches with several different methods for re-setting. I gather there was such a hue and cry from the market that they returned to more standard methods, later. Then they were bought by Swatch.

1./ try pressing the button for 5 seconds, release it and press and hold it again. If the seconds and minute hand move, release the button when the two hands get to where you want them.

If no joy:

2./ try pressing the button quickly, release it, then press it again, and hold it. If the hands move, follow instructions in #1 when hands get to where you want them.

If you succeed in setting the two hands this way, the hour hand and calendar (if there is one) are re-set by using the crown. This all is dependent on the watch actually having a good cell in it, and in shape to run!

Default Re: Omega 1337, how to set time? (RE: doug sinclair)

Thanks for your help, unfortunately neither of these methods works, the first one is the normal one for the 133x (and 134x movements) and I didn't know the second one so I had some hope, but no go.

What's odd is that the button does work since it stops the seconds when depressed...must be a fault in the circuit somewhere. I did put a new battery just in case but it didn't help. The watch seems to be running ok, albeit rather fast at +2.15 s/d when worn and +2.58 s/d at room temperature. Let's see if some trimmer action can help with that.

The case is in a good shape so the fix will probably come from a donor watch with a good 1337 (or 1332 movement). Well there are a couple of problems with the case, the bezel doesn't budge (glued?) and the crown is probably not original (it looks the part though) as it doesn't screw in as it should on the "Plongeur Deluxe"...

Here's the watch by the way :

Registered user.

I see you have had some good suggestions by doug but perhaps this page may help you anyway:

http://www.old-omegas.com/1337en.html

Default Re: Omega 1337, how to set time? (RE: Skutt50)

Thanks, yes, they describe method #1 in there.

Good news on the trimmer action, a 1/8th turn (roughly) has slowed down the watch to -0.82 s/d so I should be able to get it to keep decent time with a little turn the other way now.

Anyone ever worked on one of these? Curious as to why the bezel is completely stuck, looks like it's been glued!

Blog Entries

Being as the bezel is stuck, it could be a case of grunge beneath the bezel. It could also be there is grunge under the re-set button which prevents it from being pressed in far enough to activate the setting. Might be the movement should come out and the case taken apart for a good cleaning.

Default Re: Omega 1337, how to set time? (RE: doug sinclair)

Quick update, watch all sorted now, there was indeed an electronic fault that required a small circuit to be changed for the time setting (hold 5 seconds, press again) to work properly. Got the bezel unstuck too and the crown changed as well so that it "locks in" properly.