Month's Goal: $300, Received: $300.00 - (100%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3175 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.

Default Majestic Watch Co. --movements by who?

I've been unable to find much about the Majestic Watch Company. One post said that they were a brand of MST, but that's it.
    Please enlighten me, if you're able to.
    I have an oval ladies movement, circa 1925, that measures 27.5mm x 13mm. In addition to "Majestic Watch Co." "Swiss", it has C.55 on the barrel bridge--no stamps on the pillar plate--unless it's concealed by the bridges. I don't see anything in Bestfit that matches--when looking at the setting mechanisms.
    I don't have access to "Swiss Timepiece Makers" by Kathleen Pritchard and NAWCC has had it on backorder for a couple of months.

Default Majestic Watch Co. --movements by who? (RE: Kate N)

I've been unable to find much about the Majestic Watch Company. One post said that they were a brand of MST, but that's it.
    Please enlighten me, if you're able to.
    I have an oval ladies movement, circa 1925, that measures 27.5mm x 13mm. In addition to "Majestic Watch Co." "Swiss", it has C.55 on the barrel bridge--no stamps on the pillar plate--unless it's concealed by the bridges. I don't see anything in Bestfit that matches--when looking at the setting mechanisms.
    I don't have access to "Swiss Timepiece Makers" by Kathleen Pritchard and NAWCC has had it on backorder for a couple of months.

Since no one was able to answer my question--and I was able to get hold of Kathleen Pritchard's "Swiss Timepiece Makers", since posting, I'll post the info, in case someone else would like to know.
    Thommen made the Majestic Watch Company movements, which were imported by Wittnauer into the US.
    Unfortunately for me, though, neither Bestfit nor the Handy Manual lists a C.55 movement and the 5S movement is rectangular, rather than oval---so parts will be more than a little challenging on this one.

Royboy

Well done, Kate.

Pays off to keep on delving!

Information well worth noting for future reference.

Warm regards.

Royboy

"So mote it be!"

K- I'm glad to see you summarize your findings for future reference. Were you ever able to find a good reply for cleaning niello pocket watch cases (posted in Watch Repair)?

Frank