Month's Goal: $300, Received: $90.00 - (30%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 4236 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
    Lorie

Default Junghans strike assembly

I have, on the bench, a Junghans time and strike wall clock movement. I am not able to re-assemble the hammer lifting mechanism in it's correct order. I believe it was put together wrong (didn't work) when I got the clock. I'm not able, yet, to follow Junghan's thinking on how this should work. Is there a source out there somewhere which would outline the movement? or have pictures? I'm sure it will be painfully obvious when I'm done. Thank you

Lorie

Default Junghans strike assembly (RE: Lorie)

I have, on the bench, a Junghans time and strike wall clock movement. I am not able to re-assemble the hammer lifting mechanism in it's correct order. I believe it was put together wrong (didn't work) when I got the clock. I'm not able, yet, to follow Junghan's thinking on how this should work. Is there a source out there somewhere which would outline the movement? or have pictures? I'm sure it will be painfully obvious when I'm done. Thank you

Lorie

It's rack and snail. Two chime rods hanging vertically in the wallclock case, two hammers. Hammers attach to the movement, um like a Westminster hammer setup.

Lorie

Phil, thank you for your time and for your advice. It is a bim-bam strike and you are correct in your assumption of the mechanics of the movement. So, back to the movement and follow your guidance. Thank you.