Goal: $300, Received: $305.00 (102%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 14,000 other NAWCC members for only $80 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 989 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default from terry hall a stolen rr watch

http://www.pocketwatchclub.org/ch149...ic.php?t=11637

please assist this heart broken gentleman

Greg Pettigrew

Default from terry hall a stolen rr watch (By: ron schneider)

Thanks Ron
    I stated in another post, the package was razor cut, the watch stolen, and box retaped w/ clear shipping tape ,after shipment, because one of the ups labels is cut thru...watch was a 1930 Ball/Hamilton 999 #B639591,in gold fancy stirrup bow case....ebay # 5072322621...I wish the pics of the case were still on the listing as that was a huge reason for buying this watch
    Thanks everyone
    Greg Pettigrew(almost owner)

you are very welcome and i hope you can recover this loss

btw i feel your pain as balls are a long time speciality with me once i missed out on a unique one so i can fully understand your disappointment

was the item covered by ins

Greg -

The pics may only be down from eBay ... does the seller still have his copies of the photos?

Fred
    Fred Hansen
    NAWCC #109682

Greg Pettigrew

Ron
    can you tell me more about the Ball mentoring program whats involved and how to sign up Thanks Greg Pettigrew

hi greg happy to help what is your email address if you do not recver the watch maybe i help you replace it

Greg Pettigrew

Ron
    You can email me at GCLJGrew@aol.com...I would be very interested in finding another one to replace this one, as I dont have much faith in recovering this one in the shape I bought it...Thanks Greg

Wayne D.

Greg have you contacted UPS about this? If it was a razor cut on the box it seems that someone there did the deed and they have cameras montoring such things.

Greg Pettigrew

someone called from UPS on Mon the 8th to set up a time for an inspector to come by and look at/ take possesion of the package...They(she) is coming by tomorrow The 16th...I will make a post tomorrow nite w/ an update..Thanks to everyone for your concern....I guess Ill get my money back, but I really wanted the watch...If anyone has anything comparable Id be interested in talking w/ you
    Greg Pettigrew( the almost owner)

Angry Re: from terry hall a stolen rr watch (By: Greg Pettigrew)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pettigrew View Post
    Thanks Ron
    I stated in another post, the package was razor cut, the watch stolen, and box retaped w/ clear shipping tape ,after shipment, because one of the ups labels is cut thru...watch was a 1930 Ball/Hamilton 999 #B639591,in gold fancy stirrup bow case....ebay # 5072322621...I wish the pics of the case were still on the listing as that was a huge reason for buying this watch
    Thanks everyone
    Greg Pettigrew(almost owner)
    This watch is currently up for sale on an online auction site.

eBay's "Report a Problem" page states "Report a fraudulent listing: At the bottom of every listing you will find a link saying "Report this item". That takes you to a form you need to fill in to tell us why you are reporting. This includes counterfeit or stolen items, or other suspected fraud" However, I can't find that link at the bottom of the listing. Does anybody know how to follow up with eBay?
    Last edited by leeinv66; 07-13-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Added notes about eBay's "Report a Problem"
    Kent
    That guy down in Georgia

Registered user.

Default Re: from terry hall a stolen rr watch (By: Kent)

Just clicked on the "Report Item" link and started to go through the procedure.
    When I got to the drop down box about the item being stolen property, a warning comes up alongside the box stating:
    Reports of stolen property on eBay need to come from a law enforcement official. This reporting reason is for law enforcement and eBay PROACT members.
    Me thinks that Greg needs to be contacted to follow this up.

Regards

David

Default Re: from terry hall a stolen rr watch (By: DJH584)

Thanks David:

That would have been my first choice, but I don't have contact information for him.
    Kent
    That guy down in Georgia

Blog Entries

Default Re: from terry hall a stolen rr watch (By: Kent)

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    This watch is currently up for sale on an online auction site.

eBay's "Report a Problem" page states "Report a fraudulent listing: At the bottom of every listing you will find a link saying "Report this item". That takes you to a form you need to fill in to tell us why you are reporting. This includes counterfeit or stolen items, or other suspected fraud" However, I can't find that link at the bottom of the listing. Does anybody know how to follow up with eBay?
    I have removed the auction link from this post as live auction links are no permitted on this site. No matter how good the reason for adding them might be.
    Cheers
    Peter R Lee: AKA (Pee-Tah) from Australia

Default Re: from terry hall a stolen rr watch (By: leeinv66)

Kent - GREAT job and I've emailed Greg your message, but its been 7 years since I've written him and hopefully that email is still active. If anyone has a more current contact for Greg I hope they bring this to his attention.

Peter - I hope you retained a copy of the item link that Kent posted.
    Fred Hansen
    NAWCC #109682