Month's Goal: $300, Received: $180.00 - (60%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 3931 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
    D.Reed

Default Dating a Regina (Omega) Pocket Watch: Will the Omega SN Tables work??? (RE: D.Reed)

I own a couple of Regina watches and am wondering if I can use Omega serial # tables to date them, or did they use a different series for the watches that were ultimately put under the Regina label?

" Pressure makes diamonds..."

D.Reed

Default Dating a Regina (Omega) Pocket Watch: Will the Omega SN Tables work???

I own a couple of Regina watches and am wondering if I can use Omega serial # tables to date them, or did they use a different series for the watches that were ultimately put under the Regina label?

Default Dating a Regina (Omega) Pocket Watch: Will the Omega SN Tables work??? (RE: D.Reed)

You can us the "regular" Omega serial number list as the Regina watches are mixed in with the others, but don't expect anything that can be considered accuracy.

Omega documentation* shows that:
    1,000,000 = 1907-1910-1912
    2,000,000 = 1904 - 1916
    3,000,000 = 1906 - 1919
    4,000,000 = 1910 - 1919
    5,000,000 = 1916 - 1927
    6,000,000 = 1923 - 1927
    7,000,000 = 1920 - 1935

* Omega memo:
    Bienne la 16 Fevrier 1970
    Concerne Annees de fabrication

Oh, please spare me any comments about what is published in "the book."

Good luck,
    Kent

That guy down in Georgia
    Kent
    That guy down in Georgia

ljrusso

Kent,
    Can I use the lists to date a Patria also?
    Louis

Louis:

What is a Patria?
    Kent
    That guy down in Georgia

ljrusso

Kent,
    if my info is correct then is Patria a early name for Omega. (at least that is what I was told).
    Louis

ljrusso

Hold the phone!!!!
    Patria was imported by the Omega Watch Co. of New York in about 1910 to 1924. The firm was listed in 1920 as E. Matthey and also as Ed. Mathey-Grau and was based in Bienne. They advertised not only watches but also 8 day clocks.

This I found at another site to which I am registered.I guess these are two different Omegas...(being that the one is in NY)

Here is the watch just to close the loop!

http://web14.s2.webspaceprofis.de/am...er/patria1.jpg

http://web14.s2.webspaceprofis.de/am...er/patria2.jpg

Regards
    Louis

[This message was edited by ljrusso on March 15, 2004 at 16:19.]

ljrusso

posted the pics

D.Reed

Thanks for the info Kent...and don't worry, no comments about 'the book'...

Obviously Omega wasn't as careful in cataloguing their watches? Or is it simply a matter of availability of information from them?

Darren

Darren:

Although I haven't tried to analyze the data in depth, like Hamilton and, to some extent, Hampden and Seth Thomas, Omega may have pre-assigned huge blocks of serial numbers to different models or grades. This would account for overlapping series' of numbers, spanning a years.

There don't seem to be any North American railroad watches in the 1,000,000 series or 4,000,000 series and there are only small groups of North American railroad watches in the 3,000,000 series or 5,000,000 series. The bulk of the North American railroad watches seem to be between 2,360,000 and 2,600,000.

Kent

That guy down in Georgia

[This message was edited by Kent on March 16, 2004 at 15:40.]
    Kent
    That guy down in Georgia