Month's Goal: $300, Received: $235.00 - (78%) Contribute Now
Donate whatever you can or Join the 15,000 other NAWCC members for only $72 (plus $10 for hard copy publications). Check it out here.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. The last post was 740 days ago. If your post is not directly related to this discussion please consider making a new thread.
    jparker

Default Seth Thomas movement 89?

I bought a Seth Thomas movement which appears to be unique. The movement is a bim-bam strike with a rack and snail. the snail has grooves that allow the clock to strike the quarter hours. One bim-bam on the quarter. Twice on the half and three times on the three quarter. Then the hour. On the leg is marked 89 with something after that that I cannot make out. Possibly a 0 however looks like a backwards J. Seth Thomas is marked in the upperleft corner. Can anyone tell me about this movement and what clock it would have been installed in. Thanks Jim

jparker

Default Seth Thomas movement 89? (RE: jparker)

I bought a Seth Thomas movement which appears to be unique. The movement is a bim-bam strike with a rack and snail. the snail has grooves that allow the clock to strike the quarter hours. One bim-bam on the quarter. Twice on the half and three times on the three quarter. Then the hour. On the leg is marked 89 with something after that that I cannot make out. Possibly a 0 however looks like a backwards J. Seth Thomas is marked in the upperleft corner. Can anyone tell me about this movement and what clock it would have been installed in. Thanks Jim

jparker

I checked the find feature and found additional info on this movement. Does anyone know what type of case(s) these would have been installed in? Thanks Jim

jparker,it is called a 1/4 hour bim bam and I have seen it in many Plymouth tambour clocks.
    Mike C.
    aka clock whisperer

Default Re: Seth Thomas movement 89? (RE: tymfxr)

Mike, I have this same movement from a Plymouth clock. I noticed in another of your posts that you believe this movement takes a 5/3 double-ended key. Is that correct? I need one. Thanks!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Seth Thomas movement 89? (RE: Keith Doster)

You may notget a reply from Mike, this is a old thread.
    One clock at a time. Kevin West
    http://www.global-horology.com/GHMB/